Trek 1.2 Bottom Bracket

boiler790
boiler790 Posts: 42
edited July 2015 in Workshop
Hi,

Can anyone assist with what bottom bracket will fit my 2013 Trek 1.2 H2 Triple?

It has a FSA Vero, 50/39/30 (triple) crankset.

I'm feeling a bit like a rabbit in the headlights with the options out there! Obviously I'm pretty wet behind the ears with this sort of thing but you've got to start somewhere.

Cheers

Rich

Comments

• IrishMac
    IrishMac Posts: 328
    Trek 1.2 BB's are problematic, tbh, I think it's a ploy to give lbs' more business...

I've a Trek 1.2 2011 and replaced it with a Shimano UN55 Square Taper 68X107mm English Thread BB.

Providing both bikes' frames are the same, I'd instinctively say that they'd take the same BB, although I've a double crankset, so maybe it would need a wider one but don't think so...

Either way, you'll need a BB removal toll to do the job yourself.
    Hope this was of some help...
    Member of Cuchulainn C.C. @badcyclist

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,643
    I used a UN55, too. Also a compact. £11.00 or so and a ten minute job.
  • raldat
    raldat Posts: 242
    I have a 2011 1.5 with a vero compact 50/34. I happened to measure it today as I need a new BB. It is a JSA square taper with a 103mm spindle length. This is an odd length used only by FSA. I have heard of people using shimano 107 and 110 (Shimano don't make a 103) with ok results but be aware it will push the chain line out a little so if you like using the large cog on the cassette and the big ring (because only the weak drop off the big ring :D ) you might be in trouble if you take that option. However if you don't like cross chaining anyhow, it should not be a major problem but you may need to re index your read derailleur as well as finesse the tune on the front.

Good luck