Rapha Pro vs Trade Team fit

brettjmcc
brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
edited July 2015 in Road buying advice
I was wondering if people can advise me how the Trade Team jersey fits compared to the Pro Team please. I know I could go into London and try one on, but that requires finding some time!!

I currently have a Pro Team in Small, and whilst it is v tight up top (arms/shoulders/chest), the body length and cut suit me. Does the Trade Team stretch like the Pro Team, as I have tried other tops on at the Archive store when I was there and couldn't get the zip done up.

(I have a 20% voucher so want to use it :) ) Thanks in advance
BMC GF01
Quintana Roo Cd01
Project High End Hack
Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
I like Carbon

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    trade team is smartwool no?

If so then they fit very differently. Looser and more like a tight fitting t-shirt. IMO they re sized to be a much more relaxed road fit than the Pro Team kit which is race fit. Usually you re advised to size up for the ProTeam kit for a more forgiving fit but if you re a size small I'd suggest that that's not neccessary
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • brettjmcc
    nope apparently

'The 2015 Rapha Trade Team Jersey has a streamlined, race fit, with a design based on one of these three cult liveries. Constructed from the same block and fabric as the Rapha Pro Team Jersey, it is breathable and lightweight, and features a three-pocket layout with a valuables compartment.'

Main fabric: 81% polyester, 19% polyurethane
    Side mesh: 83% polyester, 17% Elastane
    Back mesh: 51% polyester, 49% PBT
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    I like Carbon
  • The current trade team jerseys have moved to the Pro Team style fabric and fit - so now pretty much comparable to the PT jersey, unlike the previous seasons' Sportwool/quarter zip styles which were more like the classic.
  • I should have added that I have a TT jersey from this season (plus another off being repaired after a crash!) and a PT jersey from last season, both in small, and the fit is exactly the same.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    ah, ignore me completely then
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • brettjmcc
    Thanks GingerMagician!
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack