No Excuses Thursday

Wheelspinner
Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
edited July 2015 in The bottom bracket
Apologies for losing track in the Captions Thread folks. Not been one of the better weeks. Weather lively for winter but the rest is cr@p. Visiting mother has fallen and hurt herself a bit, and I get the joy of a visit back to hospital next week courtesy of a failed cardiologist review this year. :x

Other than that, tickety-boo.
Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    My excuse was lying awake all night sweating as it was sofuckinghot. Eventually managed to lie on my back and balance an ice cube on my forehead.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,024
    It was hot, massive lightning storm here though last night which was pretty impressive.

Off to spend a birthday voucher at lunch today in readiness for the weekend drinking jolly over to Belfast.

Might ride the bike tonight if I get packed in time, thinking an 8pm ride as the heat might have dropped a touch.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    I know my previous post will have kept you all in suspense so here's an update.

I bought a shirt, I had chicken chow mein from Asda for my lunch and I bought some cat food.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Was the cat food in the chow mein?
    Afternoon all.
    The traditional Thursday hang over was a bit worserer than usual today. Could have been due to the heat, or possibly drinking lager. Feeling better now. Lovely and cool in the office, no idea what the outside world is like, I haven't been out since I got here. Have to get home quick tonight as the EPO is working until late and I have to get over to the scout hut to see a bloke about salvaging the grass in the field. Good job I'm on the bike looking at the state of the traffic.
  • homers_double
    Nope, and for a ready meal it wasn't so bad. I'm sure all the purists will hate me for it but 4 minutes and a microwave was the extent of my cooking facilites.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Walked to the beach went to the Indian restaurant for curry and beer - no excuse needed :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    Early morning meetings, drive to a leisurely lunch/meeting. Looked at the inbox and made an executive decision to leave 'em until tomorrow.

Meandered back thinking of an early night and early morning ride tomorrow followed by a salmon and scrambled egg breakfast.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Evening Saddos,

Had a good after work beer after interviewing a very good looking potential minion. Tomorrow is Friday and pedalling day so things are looking up.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    It was hot, massive lightning storm here though last night which was pretty impressive.

Off to spend a birthday voucher at lunch today in readiness for the weekend drinking jolly over to Belfast.

Might ride the bike tonight if I get packed in time, thinking an 8pm ride as the heat might have dropped a touch.

Are you sailing from Cairnryan?! Does the bike fit in the boot/on top/behind?

Ended up fettling with the oil 'system' at work and doing the left over minion work for minion's. 'System' makes it sound sophisticated.

Looks like I killed the helmet thread off good and proper. Hee hee.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Good commute today, though an odd thing happened and water fell from the sky

Since the it's been dad taxi duty
  • tlw1
    Good comutte in with a decent speed, but an odd thing happened on the way home and water fell out of the sky

Since then it's been dad taxi duty
  • homers_double

Are you sailing from Cairnryan?! Does the bike fit in the boot/on top/behind?.

Nope, flying from liverpool.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360

Are you sailing from Cairnryan?! Does the bike fit in the boot/on top/behind?.

Nope, flying from liverpool.

Posh git. You've missed out on a bike ride in Scotland and a good cup of coffee thrown in. That'll teach ya.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    Thats the first time I've heard "Liverpool" and "posh" in the same discussion.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    Thats the first time I've heard "Liverpool" and "posh" in the same discussion.

not for me, though its normally followed by 'my ar3e'