SRAM X1 crank and spacers in left arm

lioryb
lioryb Posts: 6
edited July 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
So, today I was riding my Canyon Spectral AL 7.0ex (2015), when suddenly, while paddling, my left crank arm (SRAM X1) just dropped to the ground. As the bike is yet new (it was about my ~10th ride with), I took it to the local SRAM importer and service center, who noticed that the crank arm was installed with 2 spacers between the arm and the frame, which is, according to mechanic, not by SRAM spec. Yet, trying to install the arm without the spacers, results with the arm stuck in the frame.
Is there anyone here who holds Canyon Spectral 7.0ex and experienced such a thing?
Is there anyone here who installed SRAM X1 with spacers over left arm?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    So, today I was riding my Canyon Spectral AL 7.0ex (2015), when suddenly, while paddling, my left crank arm (SRAM X1) just dropped to the ground. As the bike is yet new (it was about my ~10th ride with), I took it to the local SRAM importer and service center, who noticed that the crank arm was installed with 2 spacers between the arm and the frame, which is, according to mechanic, not by SRAM spec. Yet, trying to install the arm without the spacers, results with the arm stuck in the frame.
    Is there anyone here who holds Canyon Spectral 7.0ex and experienced such a thing?
    Is there anyone here who installed SRAM X1 with spacers over left arm?
    well something aint right there. no way should the crank get stuck with no spacers.

but you dont say what type of BB is fitted.

please advise. GXP BB30 or any other press fit...
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • lioryb
    lioryb Posts: 6
    Thanks for your reply.
    Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly. The crank arm hits the rear triangle when spacers are not used.
    The BB, according to the spec, is GXP Pressfit.
    I added an image and marked the point where the arm hits the rear triangle (but in the other side of the bike... I couldn't find a picture of the bike from the other side :) )
    hitPoint-csvPaJT5.1435758092.jpg

http://picpaste.com/hitPoint-csvPaJT5.jpg