Successful marriage Wednesday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited July 2015 in The bottom bracket
Given the recent spate of success, I though I'd title it in honor.

So well done, now don't forget your friends in the pub with that pint going warm.

I have commitment issues so I'll leave all this marriage and kids to y'all.

Well today I am going to sit in the cafe and read (in the sun) then go and play tennis. Mixed together with walking the hounds and ignoring all work emails.

Have a good 'un everyone
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Yep congratulation Mr& Mrs V68 and enjoy the day.

I was riding in warm balmy sunshine at 6.15am today. Truly a moment to savour and remember on those cold winter training rides...

Site visit from esteemed, paying up front, new client. Chocolate biscuits refreshed, beverages refreshed, everything bar the staff refeshed.

Enjoy the day all.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Congrats Mrs. V68, you made it!

In other news last night's hot sweaty attempt at sleep made this mornings 6am alarm call rather unpleasant. Was meant to go for a ride but decided I'd benefit more from an extra 45 minutes in bed.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Thanks guys, I thought the thread title meant SAE20w/50apiSJ had got drunk and woken up with a different kind of ring on his finger. If there's one thing being married 20 years has taught me, it's that my wife must have the patience of a saint putting up with me.
    Lovely day out there, but I had to drive in as the long suffering is working a council election tomorrow so we need to pick up the ballot boxes and stuff this afternoon. The good thing is it means I get out of here at 4pm. Then we'll go and get something nice to eat tonight. Not going out as she has to be up at 5am tomorrow. The good thing is it means I should be able to get out for my traditional Wednesday night beers later.
    Hopefully it will be a quiet day in the office as I have to re-write the text for a leaflet about engine oil. Exciting stuff. Somebody's just gone to make me a cup of tea, excellent.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    SAE20w/50apiSJ - He's gone classic and fully synthetic!

Congrats to V68. What a beautiful excuse to get rat 4rsed and eat curry, as if you ever needed one.

Just ordered a v-belt from Bearing Boy's. What a website; tinkerers dream.

Think I might bail out of the helmet debate. It's more enjoyable to smack your head with a brick.

It's actually sunny here! and warm - but I know you won't believe that it is warm. Great pedal last night up 'ill and down dale so feeling a bit goosed but somehow satisfied with my effort. Must go to Lidl and buy a large packet of Star Mix.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Back you go Pina.

Christ it's hot today.
  • veronese68
    SAE20w/50apiSJ - He's gone classic and fully synthetic!
    I don't think SJ has to be fully synthetic and if I recall it's the highest rating you can get to and still have a high enough zinc content for old style cams and followers.
    Yes, I am that boring.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    . Was meant to go for a ride but decided I'd benefit more from an extra 45 minutes in bed.

HD, Tighten that nut and get out on your bike. :twisted:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    Back you go Pina.

Christ it's hot today.

You are a PITA coriordan. :roll:

Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Well done V68!

I've served 30 years, not sure about the commitment of marriage yet, only time will tell. :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    . Was meant to go for a ride but decided I'd benefit more from an extra 45 minutes in bed.

HD, Tighten that nut and get out on your bike. :twisted:

I had done a quick 50 the previous evening...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081

Think I might bail out of the helmet debate. It's more enjoyable to smack your head with a brick.

Laters.

Isn't that why you wear a helmet ;0

Christ I'd hate to live in Vegas, I'd have to have a divorce lawyer on retainer.

However in the sense of the title and Matt H, V68 et al it reminds me I have a best man speech to start on with the focus being it isn't how we met it is how they managed to stay together (context is 12 years together since 16 years old). I think it is all quite impressive.

You can all put a ring on my finger, a haribo one mind
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno

Laters.

Isn't that why you wear a helmet ;0

One chooses to hit one self with a brick helmet or no. One also (very stupidly) chooses to post in Le Road Generale thereby biting on his own fishing line.
  • pinno
    Speeches... Very dodgy territory. Good luck.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    12 years completed last week. Then add another 8 to that for courting.

Nearly stabbed boss man in the face today at work. He is a right First Offender or whatever balcony man is called. Glad I'm flying out tomorrow first thing so I don't stab him in the face. Repeatedly.

Apart from that - lovely day. Broke my shoe though so have to go and Araldite cleat on until I find a new pair that a) I like and b) are in the sales.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    My prescription sunglasses arrived in the post today, Foda-se there are other people using the road :shock:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    However in the sense of the title and Matt H, V68 et al it reminds me I have a best man speech to start on with the focus being it isn't how we met it is how they managed to stay together (context is 12 years together since 16 years old). I think it is all quite impressive.

Yesterday was my wedding anniversary (14 yrs) today marks how long we have been together - like your mate since we were 16 which is urm long!

My best man did a great speech, with the start all about how he was worried we were rushing into this and shouldn't we get to know each other first
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Congratulations to both of you lifers :P That reminds me my anniversary is coming up next week - best get down to the petrol station the day before rather than leaving it to the last minute...

In other news, any fans of Bikram yoga missed a trick by not cycling in Central London today. It was showing 35C on the mercury when I left work, not sure I can remember cycling in temperatures like this before.. 10 minutes under a cold shower and I'm still sitting here sweating like a b@stard.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bikes`n`guns
    bikes`n`guns Posts: 959
    `s my 26th wedding anniversary today,, does that count ? :D Congrats as well.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • veronese68
    Congrat's b'n'g.
    I made it to the pub last night. We had a nice meal with the kids and I asked the Mrs what she wanted to do and was told she'd seen more than enough of me over the previous 20 years so I should go to the pub to give her some peace and quiet. If ever proof were needed I married the right girl.