Cape Wrath 04 29er is this a good buy for the money

Mizter
Mizter Posts: 21
edited July 2015 in MTB buying advice
Got a chance to buy this new today for £360 is this the best I can get new for this kind of money?, spec as followed:

Key features include:
Claud Butelr Cape Wrath 04 29er
6061 T4 T6 double butted alloy frame with tapered head
RST Omega 29 TNL suspension forks with lockout
Shimano Alivio 27 speed gears with Alivio trigger shifters
Shimano M445 hydraulic disc brakes with Shimano levers
Double wall 36H alloy rims with Q/R hubs
Schwalbe Rapid Rob 29x2.25" tyres
Shimano M521 Octalink 22/32/42T alloy chainset
Shimano 8 speed 11-32T cassette
Exile alloy bars, stem & saddle

gm5xfNS.jpg

How are the fork and gear set up on this like for quality? Im not too clued up on modern mb's and the parts, I know this bike has an rrp of 700 or so, and the cheapest I can see it online is about 500

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Not a bad spec, the fork is hydraulic at least and is roughly the equivalent of a Suntour XCR which even on 26er aren't usually found until you get over £400
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Mizter
    Mizter Posts: 21
    Not a bad spec, the fork is hydraulic at least and is roughly the equivalent of a Suntour XCR which even on 26er aren't usually found until you get over £400

Yeh I really do not think I could get a better spec 29er for the money, went ahead and bought it, very happy. Only thing I did not like on it when I tested it was the grips are a bit short, not sure If I can fix that with new grips or not.

They have 1 x 18" frame left for this price, shops in coatbridge, scotland if anyones interested up this way, scotcast toys and bike shop.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You can almost certainly wit longer (wider) grips, you'll need to move the controls in and a visual check will tell you if that is possible.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.