Two wins for Cav on the IOM

CYCLESPORT1
CYCLESPORT1 Posts: 471
edited June 2015 in Road general
During a flying visit to the Isle of Man before the National Road Race Championships, Mark Cavendish managed to achieve two category wins in TLI Cycling regulated races.

The first was on Wednesday evening in the Canada Life 10-mile time trial where he recorded the event's fastest time of 19 minutes, 52 seconds. Matthew Bostock (Manx Viking Wheelers CC ) was 2nd fastest winning the Junior category.

The second came the next day where he came in 17 seconds ahead of the field in the Bikestyle Handicap Road Race. 15 year old William Draper (Team RL360 Isle of Man) was placed 3rd, and winner of the Under 16 category, with 16 year old Conor Davies (also Team RL360 Isle of Man) coming in in 6th place and winning the Junior category.

Commenting on the race Cavendish said "They're Manx lads, even the juniors they don't miss turns. You do most handicaps and guys try to sit on, even the juniors over there on their 14 sprocket, they don't miss a turn, they go full gas.

http://www.tlicycling.org.uk/RaceResults.aspx

Comments

• How many TDF stages has he won the last 2 years?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,598
    Someone local won our TT.
    Don't think they would do well in a Grand Tour though.

A fair bit of apples and oranges there.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    This is very much about grassroots cycling ... a world elite rider going back .. winning of course but being a role model for those younger and more mature riders to keep at their racing.
    IoM .. where they can hold events without the "Audi Q8 brigade" whinging locals whining to the Police about being inconvenienced for a few hours on a Sunday morning.. not surprising another IoM rider came to the fore yet again at the weekend.
    Used to be the same in Staffs and Cheshire where riders had opportunity to build serious cycling careers if they wanted to .. it is all fcked basically nowadays .
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,598
    This is very much about grassroots cycling ... a world elite rider going back .. winning of course but being a role model for those younger and more mature riders to keep at their racing.
    IoM .. where they can hold events without the "Audi Q8 brigade" whinging locals whining to the Police about being inconvenienced for a few hours on a Sunday morning.. not surprising another IoM rider came to the fore yet again at the weekend.
    Used to be the same in Staffs and Cheshire where riders had opportunity to build serious cycling careers if they wanted to .. it is all fcked basically nowadays .
    I agree with this.
    However, the OP made no reference to it. Focussing on 2 wins and youngsters giving their all.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.