Garmin Maps Pyrenees

Mr Dog
Mr Dog Posts: 643
edited July 2015 in Road general
Off to the mountains soon. After some maps for the area. Followed DC Rainmaker's guide to free openstreet maps on his excellent website. However there are a number of tiles which don't seem to have loaded onto the SD card, the Garmin reverts to base map, unfotunately the area aound Lourdes. Tried downloading several time from the host site. Anybody had the same problem, and if so, any solutions?
Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Have you enabled the new maps yet?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • It may be the total tile count you have on the SD card.
    It is not published anywhere but after having the same problem it appears the Garmin cannot process a large amount of tiles on one SD card and ignores some tiles & reverts to basemap in random tiles even though they are on the sd card correctly.
    I initially bought a 32gb card and got greedy loading all of Europe etc onto the card with the above problem.
    I have now bought several smaller cards for about £5 each and have different smaller areas on each.
    A bit annoying but now works for me on an edge 810.
  • Mr Dog
    Redvee... maps enabled.. only seems particular tiles.

RJ.. will give the extra SD card a shot. Downloaded all of France .. then only the Spanish border but the same tiles are missing.. everything else seems great. Serves me right for being such a tight arse but I'm only there two weeks of the year ;-)
  • paulwood
    paulwood Posts: 231
    Same thing, I just keep a spare small card empty and just drop the few tiles on that I am going to need. Sometimes I need to turn the maps on, other times it just works anyway
  • Mr Dog
    Just a quick thank you fellas.. new SD card... works a treat :D