Bulls Copperhead 3 any good?

zakazak
zakazak Posts: 5
edited June 2015 in MTB buying advice
Does anyone know the Bulls Copperhead 3 ? From looking at the components and the price it seems to be a very good deal?

http://www.bulls.de/en/bikes/show/copperhead-3

Thanks

Comments

• Cyph3rs
    Cyph3rs Posts: 69
    Does anyone know the Bulls Copperhead 3 ? From looking at the components and the price it seems to be a very good deal?

http://www.bulls.de/en/bikes/show/copperhead-3

Thanks

Surely that price is a typo? That's about £750.

*EDIT* In fact looking at most of their range they seem to be a steal?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Looks pretty good value, XT drivetrain, Reba fork, Kalloy Uno components, claimed weight of 10.9Kg (slightly suspect, depending on what is in or out, without pedals I can see it just being possible)
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    The Euro's at at least a 5 year high atm.
  • zakazak
    The Euro's at at least a 5 year high atm.

What? I don't really understand that sentence :o
  • Chunkers1980
    Well, the price is given in Euro. We are in the UK and have Pounds to spend. The pound is strong against the Euro i.e. you get more Euro for the same amount of pounds. Due to Greece and other things the Pound has not been so high against the Euro for quite a while - from memory at least 5 years.
  • zakazak
    Well, the price is given in Euro. We are in the UK and have Pounds to spend. The pound is strong against the Euro i.e. you get more Euro for the same amount of pounds. Due to Greece and other things the Pound has not been so high against the Euro for quite a while - from memory at least 5 years.

True that but from what I tried to find in online stores it isn't cheaper / more expensive when ordering from UK or from the EU. If I convert the prices they always end up to be the same. The Bulls Copperheader 3 seems to be really cheap for what it offers (close to the price of e.g. Cube Acid). But I am not sure what to think of the bike/brand ?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    It's cheaper than it would be with a weak Pound/strong Euro.
    Bits look like great value frame is a frame, probably made in the same factory as dozens of other brands.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Chunkers1980
    As long as they deliver what they say then the brand doesn't really matter. In general they only make/design/pick the frame from catalogue and select parts from other major manufacturers.

Perhaps prices have not yet caught up. But in general they catch up quickly to relative changes in the value of the $/£/E mix.
  • zakazak
    Hmm well then it seems like Bulls Copperhead 3 is a very good choice, especially when compared to e.g. Cube Acid?

I am just a little sceptic because there are no reviews or tests at all about this bike :/
  • cooldad
    Have you searched German sites?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    12000 people on their FB site, so can't be too rubbish.
    https://www.facebook.com/bullsbikes
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools