New decent fixie

vs4b
vs4b Posts: 257
edited July 2015 in Road buying advice
There doesn't seem to be lots of choice. I'm looking for a good fixie that can takes 28 tyres plus guards with proper mounts and can take a rack and is fairly light 9ish kg

Apart from condor which is spends, I'd there anything else that might fit the bill.

Comments

• marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    You can't go wrong with the Tempo and it is worth every penny.

But, Pearson are well worth looking at - I think both their fixed framesets (they do one in steel and one in aluminium) will take big tyres, guards and a rack from memory.
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    Genesis Flyer? Can take a 28 tyre. I've got one, only ever use Single Speed. Good fun bike. Mines a workhorse, used for commuting and occasional weekend rides.
  • vs4b
    Does the flyer take 28s with guards? Read some stuff that indicates not?
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    Ah sorry, missed the guards bit. I don't use full guards on mine, just an ass saver.
  • vs4b
    Ok, so was in London today and popped in for a nosey around the condor showroom, just see the tempo in the flesh.

They played a mean trick on me by having a tempo in what turned out to be the right size for me, despite looking too big to start with with a very sizeable discount right in front of me.

15 mins later and I'm handing over my bank card!

Collect in on Friday :-)
  • marcusjb
    Cool!

What colour?

It is a great frameset. I've only done about 8-9000km on it so far, but it really is so much better than my old On One Pompino.

I am sure you will love it. Enjoy!
  • vs4b
    Slate gray with white finishing kit, including handbuilt wheels. Its on the google image page :-)
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    I am considering one from Mango as I can get it specced to my colours...
  • marcusjb
    Slate gray with white finishing kit, including handbuilt wheels. Its on the google image page :-)

Very nice - looks really classy in the grey.

Orange for me, to match the orange Fratello!
  • vs4b
    Id have preferred a brighter colour, but as it was £300 off I decided I like the grey!