Giant Propel Advanced 1 vs Scott Addict 10 2015

Oneway69
Oneway69 Posts: 3
edited June 2015 in Road buying advice
Hello,

I am looking to buy a new roadbike. My condition is fairly well and I hope to soon participate in national races. I've got two offers that I assume is pretty good. The Propel is about 1700 EUR and the Addict is about 2200 EUR. I was wondering which one to choose.

Giant Propel Advanced 12015 w/Ultegra: http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bikes/model/propel.advanced.1/19198/77273/
Scott Addict 10 2015 w/Dura Ace: http://www.scott-sports.com/global/en/products/238321020/SCOTT-Addict-10-Bike/

The differences as I see them:
- Propel weighs 8.05 kg vs Addict 6.88 kg
- Propel is more aero - does this matter? I assume changing wheels is most important anyway?
- Propel is known for a good and stiff frame - haven't found that much in the Addict but I assume it is pretty good.
- Propel has Ultegra vs Addict w/ Dura Ace.

It will be used for training, racing and a little bit tempo/triathlon. As mentioned I could and probably will change the wheels for necessary occasions.

Thank you.

Comments

• DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    The first question is; where can you get the 2015 Dura Ace Addict 10 for only EUR 2200 brand new? Nowhere as far as I know, so your comparison isn't valid, as both bikes are at very different price points. I would have thought you'd know this, seeing as you're good enough to compete at national level.
  • Oneway69
    Oneway69 Posts: 3
    Thank you for the prompt reply. It is a local shop here in Sweden, and I take it it's a good offer in fact. If you mean that 2200 vs 1700 EUR is very different price points, I could add that it's not decisive. I don't see how this has anything to do with my level, anyway.
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    Thank you for the prompt reply. It is a local shop here in Sweden, and I take it it's a good offer in fact. If you mean that 2200 vs 1700 EUR is very different price points, I could add that it's not decisive. I don't see how this has anything to do with my level, anyway.

The lowest price for the Addict 10 DA in the UK is around £3,000, which is close to €4,000. So if you can get one for €2,200, don't even think about it, just buy it.