Will this fit on that; confused about BB

BrandonS
BrandonS Posts: 17
edited June 2015 in Workshop
I'm looking at ordering a Speed Concept through Project 1 and noticed that the upgrade to Ultegra Di2 costs the same on Project 1 as it does just buying the groupset separately online. I'm looking at this as a possible opportunity to upgrade my road bike as well; for basically nothing. If I order the Speed Concept with 105 5800's or Ultegra 6800's and a separate Ultegra Di2 set I could just have the the bike shop install the Di2 onto the Speed Concept during initial assembly. Then I could take the groupset that I ordered the Speed Concept with and buy a shifter set and put it on my current bike since it would go unused.

One thing that confuses me is when I was looking at SRAM stuff a while ago they had different bottom brackets when you ordered the crankset. I don't see any of these options on Shimano stuff. My question is, will the crankset that comes with the Speed Concept (BB90) fit onto my Trek Series 1 or is in incompatible? Is it just a matter of buying a different bearing/cartridge set?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    All Shimano cranks use the same BB spindle design - 24mm which is compatible with the Trek BB90. The Shimano cranks will also fit your Trek Series 1 frame, but it depends on what make/model of crank you have on there now e.g. if it's a SRAM then you'll been to replace the BB cups (about £15).
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..