Dura Ace crankset and Sora Components Compatibility

dmax26
dmax26 Posts: 35
edited July 2015 in Road beginners
Hi,

Is the Dura Ace crankset compatible with the SOra Components? Im planning to get a powermeter.

Thanks
Guys

Comments

• Record11Ti
    Record11Ti Posts: 74
    Hi,

Is the Dura Ace crankset compatible with the SOra Components? Im planning to get a powermeter.

Thanks
    Guys

100%

The only thing MAYBE is the chain width. Dont get an 11s and want to run it on a 9s chain. If so, simply change your chain rings.

Or, if hub PM..make sure your splines are good.
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    Hi,

Thanks
    Guys

100%

The only thing MAYBE is the chain width. Dont get an 11s and want to run it on a 9s chain. If so, simply change your chain rings.

Or, if hub PM..make sure your splines are good.

Changing chainrings won't make a difference I don't think - the internal chain width is the same, but with 11sp the chainrings are closer together (due to spider design change as opposed to ring change - and anyway I think new DA has specific chainrings for it, others will look crap and probably wont fit) than for 9sp. If you fit an 11sp chainset, then fit an 11sp chain. This is narrower than the 9sp chain, so you might find front shifting a bit slower, or you may not notice any difference. Front mech stops should probably be adjusted to compensate for the narrower chain.
  • dmax26
    dmax26 Posts: 35
    Thanks Guys, if i just change the crank arm would still be compatible to the 9 speed. Looks like changing the chain rings would be a pain. Im planning to get the stages powermeter.
  • drummer_boy
    drummer_boy Posts: 236
    Not quite the same but just replaced the 9sp Sora crankset on my wife's bike with a 10 speed 105, with no drama at all.
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    Just get a 105 Stages. It will fit in place of the LH Sora crank with no trouble. I am currently swapping a 105 Stages between Ultegra SL, 105 and Tiagra bikes. Lets me have power on 3 bikes for a good price and little efort swapping.