Shimano Click'r Trekking SPD Commuting Pedals

wolfsbane2k
wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
edited June 2015 in Commuting general
Hi.

I've been looking at new pedals recently and I was looking at a set of M424 SPD (£19.99) pedals to go with a Btwin Triban 520 Flat for some road/hybrid commuting action, but came across Shimano's Click'r range of pedals, which looks like a perfect commuting pedal, specifically the MT50 (34.99) or the T420 (£29.99), as they have a bigger area for a flat shoe to grip onto you do "pop down to the shops".

The T700's (£44.99) are marketed as "XT level", so comparison is probably the M780 XT (£41.99)

However, I can't find any reviews of them that I trust- has anyone used them?
Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...

Comments

• father_jack
    father_jack Posts: 3,509
    I had M424 SPD. The flats were slippy as hell, also you could feel the clipless part through the shoe they weren't inset or flush but a few mm sticking out.
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Xpedo do a decent flat.SPD combo pedal, the flat side isn't suitable for off roading but works fine on a commuter.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.