Dedacciai Nerissimo

47p2
47p2 Posts: 329
edited September 2016 in Your road bikes
After upgrading my Look 585 from the Shimano 105-5700 that it came with to Ultegra 6700 I was left with the 105 groupset sitting unloved in the garage. My original plan was to sell the 105 to help fund the cost of the 6700 but with prices lower than a snakes belly I decided to keep the 105 and source a frameset that would allow me to use the 105 and other parts I had sitting redundant in the garage. The usual auction sites never showed anything that took my fancy so my attentions turned to a winter frameset which would allow me some gears during the cold wet salty winter months in the north of the UK instead of plugging away on my Genesis Skyline single speed.

Searching the usual winter frame suppliers left me felling a little underwhelmed so it was back to the drawing board and that's when I came across a NOS Dedacciai Nerissimo at a bargain price and with a bit of a haggle I managed to buy it for a fraction of the original price.

The Dedacciai arrived last Monday and I fitted the headset before dropping the frameset into my LBS to have the BB shell faced and the steerer cut
Dedacciai.jpg

I collected the frameset from my LBS on Friday lunchtime and the build began
P1060090.jpg

By Friday afternoon the job was almost complete, just needed to test ride it to dial in my position
P1060092.jpg

After a few tweaks to the saddle height, bars and shifters the bartape was applied and mission accomplished
P1060093.jpg

P1060094.jpg

P1060095.jpg

Weighing in (without pedals or bottle cage) at 7.6kgs
P1060091.jpg

The only parts I had to buy for this build was a 31.6mm seatpost, a front derailleur clamp and a new Deda bottle cage (which has just arrived today and unopened as yet) and taking into account what I could have sold the 105 groupset for, the wheels, bars, stem, saddle were all lying in the garage doing nothing. this is possibly the least expensive bike I've owned for years, my total outlay is less than the cost of my Peugeot Carbolite I bought back in the 80s.

Now to get some miles in and enjoy it

Comments

• MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Cool looking bike! I'm digging it mate.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    That looks excellent. Cracking job.
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • I really like the bike.. looks amazing :)
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    After upgrading my Look 585 from the Shimano 105-5700 that it came with to Ultegra 6700 I was left with the 105 groupset sitting unloved in the garage. My original plan was to sell the 105 to help fund the cost of the 6700 but with prices lower than a snakes belly I decided to keep the 105 and source a frameset that would allow me to use the 105 and other parts I had sitting redundant in the garage. The usual auction sites never showed anything that took my fancy so my attentions turned to a winter frameset which would allow me some gears during the cold wet salty winter months in the north of the UK instead of plugging away on my Genesis Skyline single speed.

Searching the usual winter frame suppliers left me felling a little underwhelmed so it was back to the drawing board and that's when I came across a NOS Dedacciai Nerissimo at a bargain price and with a bit of a haggle I managed to buy it for a fraction of the original price.

The Dedacciai arrived last Monday and I fitted the headset before dropping the frameset into my LBS to have the BB shell faced and the steerer cut
    Dedacciai.jpg

I collected the frameset from my LBS on Friday lunchtime and the build began
    P1060090.jpg

By Friday afternoon the job was almost complete, just needed to test ride it to dial in my position
    P1060092.jpg

After a few tweaks to the saddle height, bars and shifters the bartape was applied and mission accomplished
    P1060093.jpg

P1060094.jpg

P1060095.jpg

Weighing in (without pedals or bottle cage) at 7.6kgs
    P1060091.jpg

The only parts I had to buy for this build was a 31.6mm seatpost, a front derailleur clamp and a new Deda bottle cage (which has just arrived today and unopened as yet) and taking into account what I could have sold the 105 groupset for, the wheels, bars, stem, saddle were all lying in the garage doing nothing. this is possibly the least expensive bike I've owned for years, my total outlay is less than the cost of my Peugeot Carbolite I bought back in the 80s.

Now to get some miles in and enjoy it

nice one... :)
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    how nice to see something unusual - very nice bike
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Lovely build. When was the frame manufactured ?
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    Thats a beautiful bike, never seen one before. Do you mind me asking where you bought the frame from and what bars are you using, they look to have a nice compact curve with plebty of space while on the drops?
  • 47p2
    Lovely build. When was the frame manufactured ?

As far as I can determine it's a 2012/2013 model
  • 47p2
    Thats a beautiful bike, never seen one before. Do you mind me asking where you bought the frame from and what bars are you using, they look to have a nice compact curve with plebty of space while on the drops?

I bought the framset from Chicken Cycles, the bars are 3T Ergosum
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    nice one... :)

You don't need to requote the entire photo album to add that comment.

To the OP, your bargin build winter bike is better than my best bike :oops: well done!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    That's a lovely looking bike, the black and white go great.........good job.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • rockpaper
    rockpaper Posts: 10
    great build. that white looks sweet.

if you don't mind me asking: how have you found the comfort for extended rides?
  • 47p2
    I've not done any massive distances on it, around 75-80 miles maximum in one go and it was comfortable and fast enough when you step on the pedals. The tubes are oversize so it looks heavier than what it is, a chunky frame that goes well... I like it
  • rockpaper
    rockpaper Posts: 10
    Thanks for the prompt reply. I was looking at 100 to 200km rides with climbs so it sounds like it will be comfortable. Hopefully my build will look as good.

Cheers
    Rockpaper
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    Like this a lot, great build.
  • onionmk
    onionmk Posts: 101
    Lovely build.. Something about dedacciai frames that always grab my eye. I hear they ride great too!