Iljo Keisse in Road Rage Attack

disgruntledgoat
disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
edited June 2015 in Pro race
From Het Laste Nieuws on Saturday.

http://www.hln.be/regio/nieuws-uit-gent/iljo-keisse-gewond-na-verkeersagressie-a2368217/

Basically, a bloke came out of a junction Iljo was turning into on the wrong side of the road and almost knocked him off, got out of his car and tried to fight Gent's favourite son, who shielded himself with his bike. The guy pulled on the bike so hard he dislocated Keisse's shoulder (in a Contador style, as he rode the ZLM tour pretty well this weekend including all Friday in the break), then drove off again.

Some lovely turns of phrase though

"When the guy got out of the car, I knew what time it was..." and claims he rode in the break all day friday because it was safer than the peloton.

It dawns on me now that this isn't anything like interesting unless you're a fan of Iljo Keisse.
"In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

Comments

• adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    I enjoyed the Google translation of the article too: "I can happily a little bike ride and managed to jump on the sidewalk." :P Sounds like the driver has a fairly extensive criminal history too!
  • disgruntledgoat
    I enjoyed the Google translation of the article too: "I can happily a little bike ride and managed to jump on the sidewalk." :P Sounds like the driver has a fairly extensive criminal history too!

Marc V, a bad egg
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • disgruntledgoat
    Keisse's lawyer is claiming his shoulder is so bad he may have to quit road racing. Im fairly certain this is just a ploy for the court though, as he's raced 6 days since then...

@gietvangent