Radon or Voodoo

Shindo
Shindo Posts: 10
edited June 2015 in MTB buying advice
Kinda hoping you guys can help me with this, I've been looking at two different bikes and both are very different in spec and style and they both offer different pros and cons so I'm hoping with your advice I can finally decide on what I should get.

The two bikes in question are; Radon ZR Team 29 8.0 & Voodoo Canzo.

The ZR Team 29 8.0 Pros and Cons;

Pro; Slightly cheaper of the two bikes
Pro; Better components/spec
Con; Unable to try for size and feel
Con; Any problems and it will be a faff to sort

The Canzo;

Pro; Bought local so can test for height and riding position (I'm 5'5" so this is somewhat important)
Pro; Any problems, can drive 5 mins to my local store
Con; Slightly more expensive
Con; Lower spec components

I know there's more in it then just this but if you were in my position and trying to choose between the two which one would you go for any why? Additionally, which would you advise for a total beginner (like myself) who is looking to ride local trails (I live between Penrith and Barnard Castle so mainly Pennines and Lake District for riding).

Thanks a lot,

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Links to full specs?

Problems with the Radon will not be a faff to sort unless its a warranty issue, but as they only use a direct sale model they must have some arrangements for that and I should imagine you could make any claim through a local dealer for that part.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Shindo
    Shindo Posts: 10
    I have replied to this (yesterday) but because I've included links it can't be displayed until approved by a moderator :(