Dolan Tuono SL

samuelld8
samuelld8 Posts: 23
edited September 2015 in Your road bikes
Crashed this one - http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12977522 at 47.3km/h (according to Strava) going down Hog Hill in a Cat 4. Went over the handlebars when someone misjudged it and cut me up. Needless to say it is no more! The rear wheel didn't fare too well either...

Luckily the insurance company paid out in full and, after I put in a bit more to top it up, I now have this little number. Mostly the same components, some replaced, some changed. No idea about weight but it's great for racing and as good as I could possibly ever need.

Dolan Tuono SL (52)
Ultegra 6700 (6800 brakes)
BB30 FSA SL_K Carbon Compact Crankset
6700 12-23/25/28 Cassette (depending on race/route)
KMC Chain

FSA SL-K 120mm stem
Dolan Tuono carbon seat post
Ritchey WCS Evo Curve Bar 40cm
San Marco Concor Saddle
105 5700 SPD-SL Carbon Pedals

Wheels - Handbuilt by Deniz at Hadron Cycles, Velocity A23 rims (28 hole), Dura Ace 9000 hubs, CX Ray spokes. 1560g
Schwalbe One tyres

Elite Custom Bottle Cages
Fizik Microtex Bar Tape
Jagwire Racer Cables

When I put it all together, I naturally slammed the stem, pushed the saddle forward and tilted slightly down but then, rather luckily, was offered a free bike fit undertaken by Jon Iriberri (Movistar's bike fitter). He measured my muscle activity and concluded that my right leg is 5mm shorter than my left and that I hardly used it as a result. Cleat shims installed, raised stem, saddle moved up 2cm and angle changed and suddenly I have more power, can accelerate faster and hold speed more easily. Did more than 280km and over 5,300m of climbing in the Brecon Beacons over last weekend and felt absolutely fine Monday morning.

20150620_214605_zpspjqwxxdy.jpg

Comments

• IrishMac
    IrishMac Posts: 328
    Gutted to hear that mate, best of luck with the new one :)
    Member of Cuchulainn C.C. @badcyclist

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2
  • Got some ex demo 46/66 carbon clinchers from Superstar Components for a bargain due to a tiny, barely noticeable scratch next to one of the valve holes.

Yet to ride, but looking forward to racing on carbon wheels (on dry and less windy days!) for the first time. Not sure I like the look of mixed depth rims but for the price I got them I can buy a new rim and get them rebuilt. Since they'll be primarily for racing, I'm not going to get too attached to them, based on how the rest of my season has gone...

New 52/36 chainrings too. Outgrew the compact, but not strong enough to climb anything steep on a standard.

3feada70-3236-4863-97b2-77a641b40221_zps8inr9op3.jpg