Options for a Giant Defy seat clamp?

kitenski
kitenski Posts: 218
edited August 2015 in Workshop
Morning all,

I am trying to get a seat clamp for my Giant Defy 2 2012 Composite.

Below are pictures of the official Giant clamp and the post it has to fit into.

I am struggling to find the clamp anywhere, I already have the post and don't fancy paying £110 for a new clamp and post.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what 3rd party clamps I could buy or anywhere that would sell the exact clamp as pictured?

This is for a 2012 Giant Defy 2 Composite.

First pic is what I need, second pic is the post I already have that it connects to.

1053230_10153449287556967_7435581735809454262_o.jpg

11406732_10153449287386967_6572847191474731568_o.jpg

thanks in advance,

Greg

Comments

• I recognise those photos.....

You can go to any Giant dealer and order a replacement part. It'll usually take 5 days or so for them to receive it.

The code is at the top of the picture. There's no specific retail price for the item, but taking into account the cost price to dealers, etc. I would imagine it would be around £15-20.

image_975_4_5637389848.jpg?1&WCMP=GUK
  • kitenski
    I recognise those photos.....

Thanks, there is so little info about these clamps, your pics etc were very useful in me putting my seat forward!

I tried a dealer that sells multiple brands and they said I could only purchase the entire lot inc the seat post.

I'll try one of the Giant owned stores.
  • Any shop that's a Giant dealer can order those service parts. It seems like they just couldn't be bothered unfortunately.

18843893940_324347763d_b.jpg

Very easy to order
  • kitenski
    Any shop that's a Giant dealer can order those service parts. It seems like they just couldn't be bothered unfortunately.

18843893940_324347763d_b.jpg

Very easy to order

Sadly this isn't appearing to be easy. I spoke to the Giant shop in York, gave them the part number, they said no problem and ordered it.

Just went to pick it up and they have ordered the wrong part, they ordered the seat clamp that goes around the frame and stops the post sliding down.

They can't find that part number on "their" system so are speaking to Giant.

Cheers,

Greg
  • If they just call/e-mail Giant UK with the part number they'll have it ordered. Depending on your locale, I know Guildford have some in stock.
  • kitenski
    If they just call/e-mail Giant UK with the part number they'll have it ordered. Depending on your locale, I know Guildford have some in stock.

That's what they have done, I'm in Leeds so not close to Guildford but thanks for all your help.
  • kitenski
    Finally got this sorted via York Giant in July before I went on holiday.

One follow up question, the main bolt that the 5mm Allen key fits into to tighten up is starting to round out a bit, I am going to replace it. Any idea of the spec of that bolt, I assume it's pretty standard and I can get it from any online bolt store??

Cheers,

Greg