pulling trigger on a new bike

gibill
gibill Posts: 8
edited June 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi, newbie here and just about ready to pull trigger on a new bike........I saw and fell in love with a cannondale synapse 105 with disk breaks (the red one)......wow.......anybody have experience and can advise me on this purchase........thanks for your input

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    edited June 2015
    What else do you need?

Helmet, shoes, shorts? First free service? Are you buying online or from a local bike shop.

The price benefit from online disappears if you need something sorting?

Lots of deals out there? Some people subscribe to bike fits, I'm one who does as you can get a comfortable position from the off but then some will point out its common sense a comfortable fit. circular argument really and you pay your money and take a choice

Are there any local clubs you can join? They'll bring you along with fitness and skills while offering a laugh at the sametime.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    wins awards, is popular and so plenty of reviews. 105 is the pick of the groupsets for bang/buck. Seems like a good choice. Will last, no need to really upgrade it quickly.

As mentioned above, plenty of other costs to consider if you are unaware.

Slowmart made the comments.
    Wise to pick a bike you like the look of. Only reason I got one of the bikes I did.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    The Ultegra version scored 5/5 in a relatively recent Cycling Plus review. As said above - with 105 58700 11-speed you will get the same virtually performance at a lower cost - so what's not to like.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-cannondale-synapse-ultegra-disc-15-48942/

Main thing is if you love the look of the bike you will want to ride it as much as possible - just make sure above all that you choose the correct size.