Specialized Tricross Sport Disc 2012 BB7

barryt82
barryt82 Posts: 5
edited June 2015 in Workshop
Hi,

This is my first post here so apologies if its a bit vague. Basically I have a Specialized Tricross Sport Disc 2012, specs are below. it currently has BB5 brakes, 160mm front and 140mm rear. I am hoping to replace them with BB7s, however the set that I have found are both 160mm. my question is, will I be able to fit the bigger size on my bike or must I match the same size that are already on the bike?

current setup:
Front Brake: Avid BB5 disc, 160mm
Rear Brake: Avid BB5 disc, 140mm
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/tricross-sport-disc-2012-road-bike-ec030754

new setup:
Mechanical Cable Pull Type
16 bolts & 2 stainless steel G2 160 mm rotors
2 aluminum ally calipers
Avid original brake pads

thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    if they come with the adaptors then they will be fine.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • barryt82
    Thanks for the prompt response. Sorry but I'm new to road biking, what adapters does it need?
  • barryt82
    Right just had a look, I now know what the adapter is, how do I know which one I need?
  • barryt82
    Right, looked into it a bit more. I've now realised that I don't need new rotors, just the calipers (I already have BB5's). so, I'm assuming I can use the same rotors, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,717
    Yes, should be able to just swap the calipers and keep the rotors you have.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Right, looked into it a bit more. I've now realised that I don't need new rotors, just the calipers (I already have BB5's). so, I'm assuming I can use the same rotors, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks
    Correct just replace like for like.

Take pics before you start so you can look back and see what you have changed or missed.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown