New wide stiff spd shoes?

Paultheagle
Paultheagle Posts: 16
edited June 2015 in Road buying advice
Just returned from a London to Paris ride last weekend in a bit of pain from my specialized road shoes which seem to be pinching my little toe - 5 hours + in the saddle results in quite a deformity !

i wonder does anyone have any advice on a suitable wide shoe - my preferences would be :

- spd
- wide foot box
- as stiff a sole as possible with above spec

i do walk about in my shoes but not a long way, as long as i can make it to the cafe or pub then happy days ! the specialized had a rubber sole and rim so not too bad....

probably something closer to a road looking shoe than a tourer set of trainers as my experience with them is the soles were too soft and didn't offer any support in the pedal when clipped in..

advice much appreciated (except the person who says you can have two but not three of the above requirements).... :D

Comments

• rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    Bont Riot MTB shoe at Wiggle
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Sidi do Mega (wide fitting) shoes. they have various megas in the MTB range.

My shrek-footed wife bought some Sidi Giau Megas which are really nice and wide but she found the tongue irritated her ankle (shrek-ankles?). So they'll be up in the classifieds soon....

The hunt continues.
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    You could try LG shoes. I have the Monte model and my feet are as wide as barges. :oops: