SRAM red 10 to 11

warrior4life
warrior4life Posts: 925
edited June 2015 in Workshop
I have a last generation SRAM red groupset, my wheels will take an 11 speed cassette, I've heard all you need to change is the rear shifter to 11. the chain and cassette and you're good to go.
Does anyone know if this is the case or is it a full groupset change?
Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Zerotails99
    Zerotails99 Posts: 127
    I have a last generation SRAM red groupset, my wheels will take an 11 speed cassette, I've heard all you need to change is the rear shifter to 11. the chain and cassette and you're good to go.
    Does anyone know if this is the case or is it a full groupset change?
    Any help much appreciated.

The rear derailleur need to be upgraded too. The rest will work fine. But for the sake of couple of extra bits just upgrade the whole damn groupset.
  • karldh
    karldh Posts: 34
    Have recently changed my SRAM rival 10 to 11 speed, the rear dérailleur of the 10 speed works fine on 11 speed set up as I am told they are the same pull ratio, I simply have just replaced front dérailleur to a 11 speed yaw one along with chain and cassette. Have ridden 200 mile since changing it all myself and no problems, it is superb, would consider not spending the extra money for SRAM red over Rival as it would appear they are all the same bar use of lighter materials in the red range, Ribble were selling a pair of rival shifters with cables for £125,I used shimano 105 5800 chain and cassette, the weight difference between red and rival shifters and front dérailleur is probably about a third of a water bottle if that!! By the way this is all running on a SRAM red black ten speed chainset with no issues, front is truly rub free in all combos and much better changing than my old rival front dérailleur , hope this helps
    kdh