De Rosa Milanino Training

captainwheezy
captainwheezy Posts: 30
edited August 2019 in Your road bikes
I've fancied having a go at building a bike for quite some time but never really did anything about it until now. Previously I've just maintained my other bikes but never had a go at cabling, bar tape etc. So, here is my very first bike build, a De Rosa Milanino Training.

I had "gold" discount at Wiggle, and with a recent promotion where they increased that discount for a period, I was able to save quite a bit off what otherwise is a quite expensive alloy frameset, so ordered one and set about sourcing all the other bits & tools required to finish it. Below is the result, I'm rather pleased with it!

The photo's don't really do the paint job justice. Its actually a sort of pearlescent / metallic white, looks lovely in the flesh.

Only finished building it last night so not had a ride yet. Plan on going for a short blast tonight to make sure everything is ok.

Spec is:

Shimano 105 5800 compact groupset
Tektro R539 Long drop brake calipers
Deda Zero 100 bars, stem & seatpost
PROLOGO Zero-II Pas Tirox Saddle
DT Swiss R24 Spline wheels borrowed from my other bike until I can afford some specifically for this.

Weights:
Frame 1.565 Kg (Size small)
Forks 620g with steerer tube not cut
Complete bike without pedals or bottle cage 8.46Kg

There's scope for a bit of weight saving in the wheels, but since this is effectively a winter bike (has proper mudguard mounts which is why I wanted one), probably best not to stick anything too flashy on it!

DSCF3121_zpsrsliinbf.jpg

DSCF3127_zpsjgyepku2.jpg

DSCF3126_zpslxn8oct6.jpg

DSCF3125_zpszc4acrus.jpg

DSCF3124_zpscscgbvzh.jpg

DSCF3122_zpsvt4ely27.jpg

Comments

• look565wong
    look565wong Posts: 301
    Well done, Weezy!

Good job on the De Rosa build, especially so on the bar tape - it can be tricky doing up bar tape! :mrgreen:

Hope you enjoy riding it as much as building it!

Cheers
  • Well done, Weezy!

Good job on the De Rosa build, especially so on the bar tape - it can be tricky doing up bar tape! :mrgreen:

Hope you enjoy riding it as much as building it!

Cheers

Thanks, though I must admit it took me 2 attempts to do the first bit of bar tape. I chose just about the cheapest tape going (was about a fiver) cos a) its white and will end up grubby in no time, and b) there was a good chance i'd balls it up when applying it!

Could have done with having it finished with mudguards for yesterdays club ride, I got soaked! Hopefully now I have a winter/wet weather bike the weather will stay nice & sunny so it's not needed :lol:
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    Lovely looking bit of kit ... Just cringe when I hear "winter" & "white" mentioned together though :)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    That does look very nice.
  • sorry to bump an old thread but looking at this frame myself. what size tyres can it take with mudguards? assuming you got round to throwing mudguards on it!