The BBC

2»

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Eurosport 1 and 2 are on BT.

I live in a village so BT is only viable broadband option, BT TV costs me £5 per month. And that includes Champions League football next season.

Just watching Tour of Switzerland highlights 7-8pm Eurosport 2. Advert break time. Mind you, a quick check back indicates wall to wall tennis on Eurosport today.

Absolutely will not give that money grubbing Aussie tax dodger and his Sky sidekicks any viewing fees, Freeview was me for years, but especially since village got BT Infinity b-band, the BT channels are rather good.
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    It's the same with the Isle of Man TT, terrible TV coverage.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,476
    Plenty of coverage of Le Mans on BBC radio (Radio 2 and 5) including an interview with one of the drivers. Still don't see the attraction of it as a sporting event though.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Plenty of coverage of Le Mans on BBC radio (Radio 2 and 5) including an interview with one of the drivers. Still don't see the attraction of it as a sporting event though.

live - its because it tends to be one long stag night...................
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    I'm a fan of the BBC. I don't tend to watch a lot of sport other than cycling and made the decision to get the lowest priced Sky package that included Eurosport. Unfortunately, this comes with unbelievable amounts of dross as well and don't get me started on their customer service or installation "engineers" - I actually had to ask one of them to leave my property as he was making such a pig's ear of the installation. I really only watch BBC and Channel 4 or their various derivatives or the aforementioned Eurosport. I loathe adverts with a passion so anything commercial is usually watched on delay so that I can FF through them. Having Sky does not sit well with me, I hate the brand, the boss, the obscene amounts spent on football etc etc, but had other members of the family to consider as well. The BBC may not have wall to wall sport but what they do have tends to be well produced and well presented, like most of their programmes in my opinion. Having Sky only reinforces to me what good value the licence fee is. I am happy to pay it to maintain commercial free viewing.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,735
    I'm a fan of the BBC. I don't tend to watch a lot of sport other than cycling and made the decision to get the lowest priced Sky package that included Eurosport. Unfortunately, this comes with unbelievable amounts of dross as well and don't get me started on their customer service or installation "engineers" - I actually had to ask one of them to leave my property as he was making such a pig's ear of the installation. I really only watch BBC and Channel 4 or their various derivatives or the aforementioned Eurosport. I loathe adverts with a passion so anything commercial is usually watched on delay so that I can FF through them. Having Sky does not sit well with me, I hate the brand, the boss, the obscene amounts spent on football etc etc, but had other members of the family to consider as well. The BBC may not have wall to wall sport but what they do have tends to be well produced and well presented, like most of their programmes in my opinion. Having Sky only reinforces to me what good value the licence fee is. I am happy to pay it to maintain commercial free viewing.
    Freeview, high speed broadband and Eurosport subscription is your solution.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Freeview, high speed broadband and Eurosport subscription is your solution

That was my original plan to be honest, with a couple of Apple TV boxes or similar, but as I am in a brand new street, with limited facilities at the moment, my broadband choices were very limited - currently only 2-3 Mb. Virgin have been round doing some survey work though, so fingers crossed. In all seriousness, if anyone is considering Sky, my advice would be don't do it. I never liked them before due to the reasons mentioned above. Having dealt with them for a couple of months now I have found a whole lot of new reasons to dislike them. Shockingly bad customer service and very poor products.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    If they stopped paying so much for football, then they might be able to afford to put something else on.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    If they stopped paying so much for football, then they might be able to afford to put something else on.

The BBC doesn't pay for live PL football. That bidding was between SKY and BT. The BBC don't even have Champions league rights or even the rights to broadcast the highlights.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!