Try something new on your mountain bike

rockmonkeysc
rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
edited June 2015 in MTB general
I like to keep my riding varied, everything from xc epics to downhill racing. Never even thought about 4x racing until a mate suggested it last week so I had a bash at the fun category in the British 4x today. What a heap of fun it is! Extremely close and intense racing and great for improving pumping, jumping, scrubbing and balance skills. Overtaking can be a bit physical and contact does happen but it's all friendly. It's all fine on just about any type of bike as well. Qualifying for the final had me well happy.
It's the first time I have really tried something different in years and it's quite a buzz. I definitely recommend finding a riding discipline you haven't tried before and giving it a bash.

Comments

• Maro
    Maro Posts: 226
    I know what you mean, in both respects.

About 10 years ago I did a few local races when it was called BSX and thoroughly enjoyed it, the race out the gate and then touching elbows mid-air over the first couple of jumps. I wouldn't mind having another crack to be honest.

I like doing anything that I can on my mtb too, all day rides, uplifts local/natural stuff and trail centres. I've recently been helping my gf to improve her riding skills so we've been messing about in car parks practicing things like bunny hops and launching off curbs, we've both had a lot of fun just doing that.
    Bird Aeris. DMR Trailstar. Spesh Rockhopper pub bike.