Deleting messages.

Toe knee
Toe knee Posts: 525
Hi,

Just been trying to delete some messages as folders are full,, sent....etc. not doing anything when you press yes delete.

Thanks
Tony.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Works fine for me. You are selecting the delete option after marking the one(s) you want to delete and then pressing go?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Toe knee
    Yep, sure am.
  • Toe knee
    It's when it gets to the, " are you sure you want to delete messages ", stage, and when you press the yes button, it used to turn red when you pressed it, now nothing happens.....?, I have just tried it again.
  • nicklouse
    Ok that is good to know. Will highlight it with the Devs.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • louse
    louse Posts: 80
    not a user setting.

what using. phone/tablet/PC

operating system?
  • Toe knee
    Hi,

I- pad air.
  • louse
    Ok just tested with my iPad and yes it does nothing as a user.

Will push it up the ladder.
  • Toe knee
    Thank you. :D
  • the_rover
    the_rover Posts: 402
    I'm also having this problem, can't delete any pms? Anyway of doing it please, I'm using an iPad.

Cheers.
  • nicklouse
    Will raise it.

Do you just get as far as the yes button?
  • the_rover
    Hi, yes I get to the page that says

"Are you sure you want to delete all marked messages?" And then the yes and no box.

Can't get either box to work. ( hopefully that makes sense!)

Cheers.
  • nicklouse
    It does. I tried on another account. Have raised the issue. Som one should sort it an let you know.
  • the_rover
    It does. I tried on another account. Have raised the issue. Som one should sort it an let you know.

Hi, any update re this?

Thanks Stuart.
  • nicklouse
    No info as yet.

If you need I can bin everything on you PM folders. Not advised if you have anything you want to keep.
  • the_rover
    No info as yet.

If you need I can bin everything on you PM folders. Not advised if you have anything you want to keep.

I'll see if it gets resolved in the next couple of days and if not then my pm boxes can be nuked!! I wanted to advertise a few bits next week so I'll need the pm space.

Cheers.
  • the_rover
    No info as yet.

I'll see if it gets resolved in the next couple of days and if not then my pm boxes can be nuked!! I wanted to advertise a few bits next week so I'll need the pm space.

Cheers.

Morning.
    I've tried to delete the messages again but still have the same problem, I've looked through my pms and don't need to keep anything, could you please delete inbox and outbox? ( I've sent a pm but don't think you'll get it ).

Thanks Stuart.
  • nicklouse
    just Emailed you.
  • AndyEd
    AndyEd Posts: 171
    Hi, Nick we received your email. Thanks for escalating.

Just to clarify this is a bug that affects iPad users only?

Thanks,Andy
    BikeRadar Community
  • the_rover
    Hi, Nick we received your email. Thanks for escalating.

Just to clarify this is a bug that affects iPad users only?

Thanks,Andy

Cant delete them on my iPad. Haven't tried on any other device.

Thanks
  • louse
    works in IE.

just checked.
  • AndyEd
    Working fine on my Macbook so have submitted the bug as iPad specific

We are working on the forum upgrade, many of these bugs will be fixed and also new ones doubtlessly created in one fell swoop. Thanks for raising these issues, please keep doing so it will be even more important after the upgrade. Naturally we will do all we can to minimise disturbance.
    BikeRadar Community
  • the_rover
    This might complicate matters! I tried to delete my pms using another computer which uses internet explorer and had the same problem?
    I managed to move some pms into my saved messages section to create some space but still can't delete either my inbox and sent messages.

I've looked through my profile and can't see anything that might have caused this but think it might be specific to my account if I can't delete them on another computer?

Can you advise if there's anything I can do.

Thanks Stuart
  • Toe knee
    Hi,

Just tried deleting messages again, inbox and sent boxes are now 100% full, and I can not delete anything.
    Any suggestions please.

Regards
    Tony.
  • AndyEd
    OK so now we have the bug affecting IE and Ipad. Sorry half the team is out of the office so I can't get anything fixed now. Anyone needs outboxes emptied post here and me or on of the other mods will empty for you. It will remove everything though.

Andy
    BikeRadar Community
  • louse
    still working fine in IE here.
  • Toe knee
    Could you clear my inbox and sent messages please.

Thanks
    Tony.
  • the_rover
    Could you clear my inbox and sent messages please.

Thanks
    Tony.

And me please.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    The Rover & Toe Knee, I've emptied your outbox, but there doesn't appear to be an option to me to delete your inbox, you maybe able to send now but doubt you will be able to receive, please check?
  • nicklouse
    and as the out box is just messages that have not been read yet it does little.

other than they might need sending again.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Same problem for me.

I get to the last part where it asks 'Are you sure you want to delete the selected messages?' When I try to click the 'Yes' button, nothing happens (i.e. I can't press it).

Have tried on a PC running IE10 and on a Samsung tablet running Android.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]