Anyone heard of a Radon slide?

Chizzy82
Chizzy82 Posts: 15
edited June 2015 in MTB buying advice
I'm in the process of looking at 26/27.5 full sussers for alround the 2k mark....and stumbled across this...

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/radon-slide-26-le-238526/wg_id-26

A Radon 150 Slide LE and for £1200 the spec is equal to most 'better known' brands that are £600-800 more.

Does anyone have one/heard of one? I must admit I've not but it looks a pretty good package....I guess resale would be down on the big brands

Comments

• Rookie1986
    Rookie1986 Posts: 153
    They seem to be getting a good name for themselves in the UK market at the moment, but they've been active for 25 years on the continent (mainly Germany) - All reviews are highly positive and I don't think I've read a bad thing about them personally, they are part of the "Direct Mail Order" future of mountain biking if you ask me (along with Canyon - another German mail order company offering good spec vs price).
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Nothing wrong with it, good bike. I don't think I would buy a new 26" bike though, the industry is doing it's best to make them obsolete. Good tyres and wheels will soon become hard to find. Shame because I like 26" wheels and honestly don't think 27.5" is any better overall.
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    I don't have a radon slide but I have bought a Radon Black Sin 9.0 29er to take advantage of the great exchange rate and as the bike seemed such good value for money.
    I have had it for 7 weeks and I love it. Great quality components, very fast and great to ride.
    I researched a lot before buying it but decided to take the plunge over the Internet and got the black sin 9.0 and don't regret it at all.

I hope it helps and if you need any questions about the service or anything else then feel free to message me.

I'd plump for a 27.5 as it does seem that 26" wheels etc are slowly being phased out which is sad.
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • Sharky999
    Sharky999 Posts: 103
    I've got a radon slide 9.0 xm, had it a couple of months now.

I used to have a carbon fs xc 120mm bike, the radon is completely different and I'm very happy with it. It's great on downhills and not to shabby going uphill. Front and rear shock have 3 different settings to complement the riding'.

Only gripe and probably more noticeable as my bike is green, but the cable routing on the downtube is a little unsightly, it runs down the edge of the tube as opposed to the centre. But if that's all I've got to complain about I'm happy
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    bear in mind that they only have it in a 20 inch size.

I'd have no problem buying a 26 bike the now, there is nothing I couldn't get if I wanted for 26 size.