Giant Trance x2

JayKay3000
JayKay3000 Posts: 163
edited June 2015 in Your mountain bikes
A year living with the Trance in pictures.

I was good, I had a crash. I stopped being good, I re-learnt my skills by doing natural trails using spds and flat pedals. I brought a selection of tyres to suit the riding I do. I'm now better.

It's not the best bike in the world, but for a novice it gets you through.

It's become my hybrid that's happy locked out doing road rides, smashing through trail centers or finding new natural / moto x tracks to ride.

DSC00252_zps9rk5ppiz.jpg

20141103_155106a_zps6plrpj4w.jpg
Can you spot the more interesting route to the left?
100_2700_zps8kh9qhid.jpg

100_2676a_zpsltblxlml.jpg
Only used one chain, rear deraillure and set of pads so far. Rear original tyre is looking a bit sad too.
100_2726_zpsczvqbogq.jpg

20150130_142240_zps0hq0oiyq.jpg
Snow riding is a lot of fun... at times.
DSC00321_zps691xcccs.jpg
Road tyres @65psi on mtb trails.

DSC00278_zpsehbdoofc.jpg
Richard hammond 'drove' a land rover here.

bikered_zpsuh2iskmf.jpg
Red and black. love it or hate it.

Comments

• Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Cracking bike, even though I'm very biased. Even done a few DH tracks on mine.
  • JayKay3000
    JayKay3000 Posts: 163
    I've thought about getting some coaching. I've found going back to flats even after 1 ride made me notice some of the problems with my skill. I was a bit worried I'd just fall off, but there is something reassuring knowing you're not connected to the bike which is quickly offset by the sharp pins and fear of shin pain from the pedal.

Still. It makes me smile when I ride it and I think that's what it's all about.

I expect an anthem would probably suit me better, but I did not have a chance to ride each back to back. I only wish the rear end weighed less as it can feel slightly heavy when it breaks to the point you can't ride it.