Dia de Portugal

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited June 2015 in The bottom bracket
O Dia de Portugal, de Camões e das Comunidades Portuguesas, celebrado a 10 de junho, é o dia em que se assinala a morte de Luís Vaz de Camões em 1580, sendo também este o dia dedicado ao Santo Anjo da Guarda de Portugal, protetor do país, comemorado com um feriado nacional.

Durante o Estado Novo, de 1933 até à Revolução dos Cravos de 25 de abril de 1974, era celebrado como o Dia da Raça: a raça portuguesa ou os portugueses.

Raise a glass :D
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,479
    Que?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    T37 said:

"The Day of Portugal, Camões and the Portuguese Communities, signed on June 10, is the day which marks the death of Luís Vaz de Camões in 1580, also being the day dedicated to the Holy Guardian Angel of Portugal, protector the country celebrated with a national holiday.

During the Estado Novo, from 1933 until the Carnation Revolution of April 25, 1974, it was celebrated as the Day of the Race: the Portuguese race and the Portuguese."

Asleep yet Stevo?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,479
    That certainly helped...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    I'd got most of that from my knowledge of Italian, near enough. But it is wrong in that April 25th should be celebrated as it is my birthday. It's a national holiday in Italy for that very reason.