Wifes new wheels - not quite an MTB

dirkpitt74
dirkpitt74 Posts: 518
edited June 2015 in Your mountain bikes
As well as one super chuffed step-son (loves his Carrera Blast) I also have a happy Wife!

My Wife is disabled (spinabifida & paraplegic from birth) and has been a bit miffed that the rest of us toddle of on our bikes and she struggles to keep up in her standard wheelchair.

We've looked at handcycles, attachments and off-road wheel chairs but the prices are astromonical (between £2k & £6k).

Had looked at getting one of the cheaper attachments for her old/spare chair on cyclescheme and getting a set of off-road wheels seperate.

I occasionally look on ebay to see what's available, I spotted this a couple of weeks a go:

_3-2_zpspln2wmiw.jpeg

_3-1_zpsj1ebpodq.jpeg

_3_zpssukthgto.jpeg

Starting price of £250 with a reserve of £300 including the wheelchair. Needs a bit of tlc but thought it might be worth a punt.

No bidders until 4pm today - wasn't holding out much hope as the chair & attachment are worth probably £600 as they stand.

Well I managed to win in the last minute for the bargain price of £322!!!!!

Wife is well pleased and we need to take a trip to Hollyhead to pick it up this weekend.

Will change the tyres to something more suitable for the Chase & Hicks and fit some guards inside the chair against the wheels but should be good to go.

We are now a cycling family!

Sorry about the long post :D

Comments