Planet X Nanolight discontinued?

StrathRC
StrathRC Posts: 31
edited October 2015 in Road general
I bought this bike in September last year, advertised as Planet X's 'new' model. However it appears to have been discontinued and the frames are being sold off cheap on their website. Anybody know why this might be? Was there an issue with the bikes?

Thanks, Douglas CBPXNANORIV22_P1.jpg

Comments

• rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    I bought this bike in September last year, advertised as Planet X's 'new' model. However it appears to have been discontinued and the frames are being sold off cheap on their website. Anybody know why this might be? Was there an issue with the bikes?

Thanks, Douglas CBPXNANORIV22_P1.jpg

They have updated the entire road bike range using a new lighter frame set that ran on the team bikes.
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    Maybe they didnt sell too well. Or it could be because they have just brought out the new RT-80,RT-90,RTD-80 models.
  • IShaggy
    IShaggy Posts: 301
    It does seem a bit unusual. PX usually keep a bike in their range for a good few years (Pro Carbon was introduced in 1910 and it's still going strong :wink:) Maybe there was an issue with the factory and so they can't get them anymore?

EDIT - I took your word when you said it's been discontinued. You sure? Maybe they just don't have any stock and they're waiting for a new batch. If they misjudged how many they were going to sell then it could be a matter of months to get more produced and delivered.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    edited June 2015
    Does it really matter? You bought the bike, you (I presume) like the bike, therefore you ride the bike.

If people were getting the Ebolaids/dead disease off the frames then you'd soon hear about it.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    It was a nice frameset but the new ones IMO look even better in fact I had to do a double take on the 90 it looks so much like a Cervelo R5
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Gene00
    Gene00 Posts: 1
    How much were planetX selling the Nanolight frames for. I have one I want to off load.

Cheers