Cyclist 1 - lorry driver 0

hairyleg
hairyleg Posts: 134
edited June 2015 in Commuting general
Hi all,
After getting pushed off my bike by a Lorry driver from a well known company (clue BOOM ).
I suffered a dislocated shoulder and was taken to hospital to have it put back in.... ouch.
Lucky I had a witness who gave a full statement to the Police.
Cut a long story short he was found guilty of assault, ordered to pay £1000 comp 250hrs community service £250 fine etc :shock: .Plus I then sued the company he worked for and won. :lol: So don't let these idiots get away with it.
This is not a race!!!!But I'm winning
Canyon cf
Cannondale caadx 9

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I'd still you rather weren't assaulted, but decent result.

As a matter of interest do you know if he was sacked or still works for them?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • hairyleg
    hairyleg Posts: 134
    I'd still you rather weren't assaulted, but decent result.

As a matter of interest do you know if he was sacked or still works for them?

He was still working for them, but the Police said he was up in court for punching a bus driver and a guy in a car. Anger issues I think, driving 7.5 ton Lorry.
    This is not a race!!!!But I'm winning
    Canyon cf
    Cannondale caadx 9
  • Ollos
    Ollos Posts: 4
    Great post to read given my experience this afternoon - tipper truck making to overtake without leaving much room and with stationary traffic about 20 metres up the road, and roadworks on other side of the road narrowing the space...Waved my arms to make him aware of this and he slowed, when we both stopped was treated to a load of abuse and invective from driver. Accused me of being 'terrified' - well he wasn't wrong, but didn't seem to grasp why driving a 10 ton truck close to a cyclist would make someone feel this way.

Sent an email in to the company, see if they get back to me.

Glad you got a result and hope you've recovered ok!