The Dead Forum Tuesday Thread

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
edited June 2015 in The bottom bracket
Can't believe the only thread anyone has posted on today before now is word association. Where is everybody hiding? Weather isn't that good yet.

Anyhow, only one more day in work before an extended weekend in the Northern wastelands so I suppose I should be grateful as work was boring today.
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,552
    too many of the old regulars hit with the ban stick

lack of interesting n00bs

heat death
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Put bike in back of car. Got out early and did my calls by lunchtime. Then couple hours out riding in beautiful but blooming windy Dorsetshire.
    Shall be endeavouring to do same tomorrow, with a ride out in the Test valley this time. Nice.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480

The tone has changed on here over the last few months and a reducing amount of new topic posts.

Ok a forum is only as good as the contributions from the audience so is it the brighter nights, people having a life outside the forum :shock: or over zealous mods or the criteria laid down by the owners for mods to act within? Or am I just getting old?

Mind you there are some posts which make you question the age or intelligence of some individuals but thats what the ignore button is for and the parameters of whats acceptable seem to have narrowed but I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. Another aspect would be to examine the demographics of users which I imagine would be quite narrow.

As to the OP, maybe not dead but definitely on life support.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666

lack of interesting n00bs

heat death
    Lack of noobs - yep
    Heat death - where do you live? Does not sound like the UK...
    Banstick? I'm struggling to remember who has been banned recently apart from manc33, which was hardly a loss.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Sorry got distracted by work and posting on the wirral cyclist thread.

Long day, then I rode, now back to work.

Not sure what to make of Ings as a signing, especially as we haven't ditched anyone yet
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    It may be worse than the ban stick....

Apathy and not bothering to visit

but churn of users is expected and no doubt new footfall will replenish the loss ........
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    ... or over zealous mods or the criteria laid down by the owners for mods to act within? Or am I just getting old?
    Over zealous? You must be joking. I'm under zealous and proud. Nobody has been banned from around these parts lately apart from Manc as Stevo said. I have banned several spammers, the feeling of power is non existent. I was a little concerned complaints would come in over dogging-gate, but thankfully not. Unfortunately being in green did make me tone down my response which is no fun at all. You are definitely getting older.

Anyway, Tuesday is done so pub tomorrow. I sat down to do the report for the year end figures for the scout troop but seem to be writing shite on here instead. Quelle surprise. managed to ride in to work and survive the rabid dog attack then pooped out to RP this evening to meet Coriororiororiordan to get a crankset off him. I wish this wind would do one and fook right off. Should get on with this report now I've juggled the figures.
  • Stevo_666
    Footy will definitely bring a few people back. Apathy/not bothering may be a problem - it's probably what made the Crudcatcher a shadow of what it was.

But have to admit that Obersturmbahnfuhrer V68 is striking the right balance. Not least because he knows I won't invite him to any more top gigs if he hits me with the banstick :P
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    I'm not banned just a combination of lazy/work computer not allowing forums

Currently 11 miles south of the big smoke in a hotel that prints a personal message to you in your room - how feekin odd, thankfully they sell cider
  • Stevo_666

Currently 11 miles south of the big smoke in a hotel that prints a personal message to you in your room - how feekin odd, thankfully they sell cider
    Saw your post in the Crud - you are not far from me. Unfortunately won't be able to drop by for a pint and I can't recommend a pub in Sidcup anyway... :(
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,349
    I got mangled by Chewsday. I promise to post even more bollox in future and more regularly. Time we went on a recruitment drive.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871

Saw your post in the Crud - you are not far from me. Unfortunately won't be able to drop by for a pint and I can't recommend a pub in Sidcup anyway... :(

Phee
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,552
    Lack of noobs - yep
    Heat death - where do you live? Does not sound like the UK...
    Banstick? I'm struggling to remember who has been banned recently apart from manc33, which was hardly a loss.

heat death - situation where everything just blands out, a suggested outcome for the universe, no thermodynamic free energy

banstick - i'm suggesting a long term thing, imho the rate of loss of entertaining older/grumpier/naughtier (not nastier) posters exceeds the maturing of replacements, bland out

it may be inherent in internet forums - they start out fast, some fade and die quick, some stagnate, others grow and mature into interesting things, some long termers get proprietorial and/or cliquey, others die/leave/get banned, sense of community dissipates, bland out
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    One factor that might be causing the dry spell is the number of moved posts, although I see this is more true of Cake Stop than BB.

Someone starts a thread, it gets moved and the poster then finds a part of the forums that is more relevant to them and spends more time there.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Stevo_666
    heat death - situation where everything just blands out, a suggested outcome for the universe, no thermodynamic free energy

banstick - i'm suggesting a long term thing, imho the rate of loss of entertaining older/grumpier/naughtier (not nastier) posters exceeds the maturing of replacements, bland out

it may be inherent in internet forums - they start out fast, some fade and die quick, some stagnate, others grow and mature into interesting things, some long termers get proprietorial and/or cliquey, others die/leave/get banned, sense of community dissipates, bland out
    Got it on heat death - I wasn't expecting anything as high brow as the laws of thermodynamics in here :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,349
    Lunchtime Stevo?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Lunchtime Stevo?
    You're very perceptive about my posting times. Bloody stalker.