Bizango questions (Forks & Chain)

lebjos
lebjos Posts: 11
edited June 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Hey guys,

I've got a Voodoo Bizango but got a couple questions about it;

Are there any instructions for the Raidon forks? It came with some but they don't explain anything apart from the locked/unlocked adjuster. How do I adjust the bounce? How do I fill it up with air? How do I clean them after it's rained?

Does anyone know how to remove the chain? Does it have a master link? I've got a chain tool but I can't seem to get off the chain without breaking it. I want to remove it and soak it in isopropyl to clean it.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Fill it up with air, use a shock pump, let air out, press valve.

Chain, use chain tool to push pin out, replace link with a quicklink.
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Fill it up with air, use a shock pump, let air out, press valve.

Chain, use chain tool to push pin out, replace link with a quicklink.

This although the valve will be at the top of the left stanchion and covered by a screw cap. You may also have rebound adjustment too at the bottom of the right leg, which will adjust how quickly they return to the fully extended position.
  • jjl5590
    jjl5590 Posts: 79
    edited September 2018
    Use parktools
  • Use the chain tool to push out two pins (part of the same link), then replace that link with a quick link. You will still have the same number of links on the chain.

They are normally very stiff until they start to move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QC-IGW8l5Y
  • Did you get a manual in a packet with the bike - Suntour put all their instructions on a CD which may be tucked in there, alternatively ask at Halfords fro another or download them from the Suntour site
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Instructions are all on the srsuntour website.

Not sure what you are doing wrong, but chain pins are not at all hard to remove if you use a tool properly!

Take photo of the tool on the chain ready to go and lets see what you are doing wrong.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    And read Parktools.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools