New Product feedback

xsmobile
xsmobile Posts: 2
edited June 2015 in Commuting general
Good afternoon,

I'm soon to be launching a new product and wanted to get some feedback if at all possible. I've created a video of the product which you can view here: (music volume warning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9-KHLJq1Sc

I've not given any identifying details of the product name or the website as I hope that won't infringe on the forum rules.

it's part of a range I'll be launching. what you can see primarily in the video is the vest. it buckles around your body but could also be buckled around a backpack/rucksack. also in the video (with the yellow flashing LED's) is an example of the 18L backpack. we will be launching with the vest, a 5L back pack and also a saddle bag. the saddle bag, as well has having the flashing LED's also has a built in motion sensor for particularly heavy breaking.

the LED panel in all the items is controlled via a (removable) wireless controller that you attach to your handlebars / handlebar grips. it has four settings, ahead/forward, left, right and stop/hazard. when using the controller a light will flash on the controller for the direction you have chosen. so for example, if you choose to turn right, the corresponding button on the controller will flash as will the right arrow on the LED panel. for safety, the light on the controller will continue to flash so that you know you are still indicating right (this also happens with turning left and stop/hazard).

to stop it from flashing you should press the ahead/forward button. the ahead/forward button on the controller will stop flashing after 6 flashes (approximately 3-4 seconds).

i should also say of course that the LED panel is USB rechargable and will give approximately 15 hours use on a full charge. The controller comes with 2x CR2302 batteries and with normal use should last about 6 months.

The controller can be removed from the handlebars as it clips in to a handlebar mount so it could be attached to a jacket for example so that the vest could be used for other outdoor activities (horse riding, running for example).

if you have any questions I'm happy to answer them. there will be some exciting versions coming in future and i hope to expand the range up to about 10-15 different versions.

image of controller is here:

http://imgur.com/Me0PPsC