Fox FIT terralogic issue

conceptsails
conceptsails Posts: 51
edited June 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi All,
Having just performed a simple seal change in my Fox fork the terralogic does not seem to be locking the fork. The adjustment dial seems to be making the compression softer and harder but the fork now moves when you push down on them when it didnt before. I did not touch the cartridge I just removed the lower legs and replaced the seals then put it back together following the video clip on bike radar (its a 2014 f100)
Any thoughts...

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Insufficient oil to reach the compression damper?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Put in 20ML of Green as advised for the 2012-13 fork, couldnt find any guide for the 2014 fork, could this be the problem maybe?
  • The Rookie
    Full assembly procedure for the terralogic here
    http://service.foxracingshox.com/consum ... rvProc.htm

Did you bleed that part before assembly as it states?

Not sure 20ml is enough for the damper side
    http://service.foxracingshox.com/consum ... olumes.htm

Terralogic says 46.5ml
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The Rookie wrote:
    Full assembly procedure for the terralogic here
    http://service.foxracingshox.com/consum ... rvProc.htm

Did you bleed that part before assembly as it states?

Not sure 20ml is enough for the damper side
    http://service.foxracingshox.com/consum ... olumes.htm

Terralogic says 46.5ml
    No I didnt touch the damper at all I just replace the seals on the fork legs and left that bit alone
  • The Rookie
    OK, in that case it looks like just an oil volume issue, the lowest I can find for a terralogic is 46.5ml, many are over 50ml.
  • The Rookie wrote:
    OK, in that case it looks like just an oil volume issue, the lowest I can find for a terralogic is 46.5ml, many are over 50ml.
    You could be right there looks like i got that 20ml volume figure from a 26 fork not 29 could be a school boy error on my part. I will try adding some more tonight. Thanks
  • The Rookie
    no, 20ml is the lube on many spring/damper sides as the lube bath in the base of the fork (you did add that didnt you), i cant see any damper bath at 20ml (goes into the damper stanchion from above).
  • The Rookie wrote:
    no, 20ml is the lube on many spring/damper sides as the lube bath in the base of the fork (you did add that didnt you), i cant see any damper bath at 20ml (goes into the damper stanchion from above).
    I did not touch the damper at all. just slid off the lowers oil came out, replaced the seals and put 20 ml back in the base of the fork as you describe above could the damper bath have leaked out?
  • The Rookie
    If that is all you did, then the lockout should be unaffected, it sounds like whatever is causing an issue is unrelated to what you did.

Oil shouldn't leak out if you just did what you say you did., be worth checking the oil volume in the damper though.
  • I agree It is a hell of a coincidence but that is all I did.
  • Rightarmbad
    Rightarmbad Posts: 216
    When you took the lowers off, did you give the rods a big whack?
    Possible bending of the damping rod with fluid loss from the damping circuits?

If you managed to do the lower service, it's not much more of a stretch to do a full upper service as well.
    New O-rings and check for damage.