Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 7.0 Di2 ***STOLEN 10/06/17***

2»

Comments

• Does this version have the adjustable fork trail and if so does it make any discernible difference?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    Does this version have the adjustable fork trail and if so does it make any discernible difference?

It does, but I haven't changed it round to try it...... yet.
  • Scotty-Gee
    Scotty-Gee Posts: 156
    I'm about to place an order for one of these, either the 7.0 Di2 or 8.0 Di2. The only major difference being the areo cockpit on the 8.0 which I think I could life without anyway.
  • e17blade
    I'm about to place an order for one of these, either the 7.0 Di2 or 8.0 Di2. The only major difference being the areo cockpit on the 8.0 which I think I could life without anyway.

The aero cockpit looks nice, but the most significant upgrade is the Reynolds wheels that I reckon are a lot better than the Mavics on the 7.0
  • I'm about to place an order for one of these, either the 7.0 Di2 or 8.0 Di2. The only major difference being the areo cockpit on the 8.0 which I think I could life without anyway.

Surely the better reason to buy with the aero cockpit! *If you can find a Garmin out front mount for it.....

Here's the cable arrangement and Di2 recess

1425072797304-1prk901ush96k-700-80_zpseyluqi3j.jpg

*Canyon now do an out front mount
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    Lovely bike and choosing one myself don't know this or the 8.0di2 but do like the aero bars! And get a power meter,

Also can you fit 25mm tyres on these bikes
  • e17blade
    Lovely bike and choosing one myself don't know this or the 8.0di2 but do like the aero bars! And get a power meter,

Also can you fit 25mm tyres on these bikes

I run 25mm tyres - there is loads of room
  • Kevo27
    Kevo27 Posts: 95
    Awesome bike, bit biased, I have the SLX DI2 8 the aero cockpit is nice, very comfy when your on the hoods, splashed out and got the garmin mount also for these bars which finishes it off nicely. The Reynolds wheels are also great and better than the mavics in my opinion, just make sure you go through the sizing page on canyons site, I ride a Med on other bikes but went for a small, and it's spot on.
  • Scotty-Gee
    Scotty-Gee Posts: 156
    just make sure you go through the sizing page on canyons site, I ride a Med on other bikes but went for a small, and it's spot on.

That's unfortunate, my Ultimate is a M and the PPS suggested the Aeroad should be a L which is what I went for.
  • Not necessarily, they actually ride a bit smaller than they look cos the BB is in front of the seat tube so effectively making the TT a bit shorter once your saddles in the right place. Though I preferred how the medium looked I ended up swapping it for a large which seems to fit me a bit better and gives me more options re bar height, the front end on the M is pretty low which meant I needed all the spacers.. I just need to get over the slightly loftier looks!
  • Daviddk
    Daviddk Posts: 8
    Very nice bike, really like the look of the frame. Also more a fan of the mavics, but that's just looks wise ofcourse.
  • The mavics are superb wheels, as well as looking good.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Arent the new Shimano 6800/9000/5800 4 arm chainsets all 110 BCD. you could just get a 34 inner ring, Don't know about DI2 wether it would need some fine tuning on the lap top to recognise a smaller inner front ring. But as it auto trims , I imagine not.

34X28 should get you up anything. I ve done Stelvio and yes its a long grind but the Gradient is on a par to something like the Tumble.
  • Hi! Im really interested in buying this bike. I want it for road cycling with some hills mostly but also for TT (the longest one would be IM 70.3). Does anyone know if theres any available AEROBARS that fit the AEROCOCKPIT it comes with? Since the AEROCOCKPIT its not tubular Im not sure if they will fit.

Thanks!
  • That is awesome,... Best bike i`ve seen for a while...
  • ::jealous:: cracking bike! it really oozes speed :mrgreen:
  • This bike makes you think why one should spent that stupid amount of money for a Vias. Unless of course you have a shitload of money burning your pockets...
  • very nice indeed. love the colour scheme
  • What kinda height are you two guys riding the XL's and with what length stem?!
    I ask as I have an XL myself but have always thought that I could have got an L with a 130 stem, Canyon agreed but my fitter mate suggested the XL which I went with.
    As I've not yet seen another Aeroad in the flesh I've always been wondering..
  • e17blade
    DanTe1977 wrote:
    What kinda height are you two guys riding the XL's and with what length stem?!
    I ask as I have an XL myself but have always thought that I could have got an L with a 130 stem, Canyon agreed but my fitter mate suggested the XL which I went with.

I am 6'2" and am running a 110mm stem. The XL is a big bike and at first I was a bit sceptical despite all the measurements etc saying it was the right size and wondered if a L would have been better. However now I am used to it ,if I go back to a slightly smaller frame I just feel cramped. I'd go XL again if I had the choice.
  • E17Blade wrote:
    DanTe1977 wrote:
    What kinda height are you two guys riding the XL's and with what length stem?!

I am 6'2" and am running a 110mm stem. The XL is a big bike and at first I was a bit sceptical despite all the measurements etc saying it was the right size and wondered if a L would have been better. However now I am used to it ,if I go back to a slightly smaller frame I just feel cramped. I'd go XL again if I had the choice.

Great cheers for that! You're the same height as me and running the same stem.
    I've measured mine up and I've got it as exactly the same with no spacers as my CAAD10 which is a 58 with a 120 stem and 1 5mm spacer, that bike fits me perfectly but the Aeroad feels a bit bigger for some weird reason.
    I think you hit on it when you mentioned it looking big. It's that slightly sloping top tube that does it.
    The bikes probably fine it's just my sceptisim that needs sorting!
  • e17blade
    This bike was stolen on Saturday despite being locked up in the 'secure bike storage' in the rider village at the Rapha London Nocturne. If anyone sees it, either online or out on the road, I would very much appreciate it if you could let me know.

Devastated.

35129410101_94663463dd_h.jpg
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    That's terrible. Hope you get it back.
  • e17blade
    It wasn't just my bike that got stolen - my teammates bike went too...

http://road.cc/content/news/224100-bike ... rne-london
  • lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    That's crazy.

Posted to my bike clubs facebook wall, hopefully you and your mate get some luck.
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    E17Blade wrote:
    This bike was stolen on Saturday despite being locked up in the 'secure bike storage' in the rider village at the Rapha London Nocturne.

Sorry to hear this. Just wondering whether you had to pay for the 'secure' storage and what the organiser's response to the theft might be?
  • davesnothere
    davesnothere Posts: 620
    W4nkers

will share around, hope you get them back
    GET WHEEZY - WALNUT LUNG RACING TEAM™
  • Thigh_burn
    Thigh_burn Posts: 489
    Isn't that area of London crawling with CCTV? Have the police / local businesses been any use?
  • MiddleRinger
    MiddleRinger Posts: 678
    Man that bites.

:-(