Cable through Front Derailleur

Chaddy827
Chaddy827 Posts: 3
edited June 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all,

First time poster and first time I've tried resolving an issue with my bike through YouTube so bare with me!

I have had issues changing up and down chainrings so have tried to follow a tutorial to look at the derailleur etc. Part of the steps included tightening up the cable. When trying to do so the cable has fell out of where it was previously and i'm struggling to understand how to reattach. All youtube videos and google images look slightly different to mine. i've attached an image of the setup, could someone give me a few tips on how i go about reattaching it?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Straight up through the groove you can see behind the round silver bit.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Chaddy827
    Chaddy827 Posts: 3
    cooldad wrote:
    Straight up through the groove you can see behind the round silver bit.

I've tried it behind there, on the left that it is but it won't let me change up or down. Would this be because it's too tight?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Go to the makers website and download and read the installation instructions.

Forget YouTube as most will not be your set up.

But as above for the position. And maybe if depends on what you have actually done.

So to sum up. Back to the start back any adjustment out. do as the instructions say. job done.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown