Ride Saalbach Bikepark for free!

neilus
neilus Posts: 245
edited June 2015 in MTB general
Howdy
Just wanna let you know about an unbelievable offer for the fantastic Austrian bike park Saalbach Hinterglem. This card - http://www.saalbach.com/en/summer/the-v ... -card.html - will let you ride the 4 gondolas all day, as often as you like, and its absolutely free! You'd normally pay 35 euros a day, theres also tons of non bike stuff on the card as well if your family dont fancy hurtling down big hills on a bike!
Its an hour and a half drive from Salzburg airport or two and a half on the train so it super easy to reach. Accomodation is abundant and good value - me and my mate just paid 60 euros a night for a 4 person appartment including breakfast which is pretty cheap if you ask me...
Ive been living in Austria for 12 years and Ive done tons of skiing, hiking and stuff in most of the big resorts but ive never come across such an incredible offer!
If you wanna hit some awesome trails in the Alps but are on a budget this place is for you!!
Cheers!
(PS - no im not from the tourist board, i just wanted to share this great deal with y'all!)

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Most people will already have their alpine trips planned and booked. Offers like this would work better in spring when people are planning their riding holiday.
    Les Arcs for me this year And Civetta bike Park next year. Maybe Saalbach in 2017
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Most people will already have their alpine trips planned and booked. Offers like this would work better in spring when people are planning their riding holiday.
    Les Arcs for me this year And Civetta bike Park next year. Maybe Saalbach in 2017
    Maybe they have made the offer as they didn't get enough bookings in spring!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    People are starting to look for different places for their summer alpine trips now. The more popular spots like Morzine are suffering badly worm trails and endless braking bumps.
    Place like Saalbach need to market themselves well at the start of the year.