64bcd narrow wide?

kyle17290
kyle17290 Posts: 261
edited June 2015 in MTB buying advice
Bought a 104bcd to fit to outer chainring of my double and it keeps jumping off the front, chain is correct length and cant bring the chainline any further in, so do they do a 64 bcd narrow wide i can fit to the inside ring.

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Sounds like you have got something set up wrong. Is your chainring on the inside face of the spider?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    On many MTB's you can't fit a 32 or larger in the inner location anyway as it will foul the chainstay.

Sounds like something else is not right so I'd suggesting fixing that first!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    have you got a stiff link? did you shorten the chain when you fitted the NW ring?
  • kyle17290
    kyle17290 Posts: 261
    Yeah fitted on the inside of the spider, chains corect length. It just seems to ride up about 10mm on top of the chainring which sometimes throws the chain off. Took it out today and it didnt jump off so going to see how it goes, although next time ill be getting a 30t 64bcd as when i was running a double the chainline was always better.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    You might find there's not enough space for a 30t on the granny ring position, it could hit the frame. I wouldn't be able to fit it on my bike.
    The inner ring position should be too far in to get the chain line right if everything is set up right.