HiLo SL dropper help

mgolder81
mgolder81 Posts: 4
edited June 2015 in MTB general
This may be a bit hopeful, but if anyone has an X-Fusion HiLo SL dropper (125mm) could you possibly measure the length of the post stanchion for me?

I have bought one (and despite it not having the gold slick coating it said it would have and showed in the picture) but have noticed the stanchion length is only 125mm. And knowing X-Fusion use a stopper to make the post stop before it fully 'bottoms' it means the post can only really travel 100mm ish.

Is this right? Just wondering if I have just been diddled all ends up with it ha ha.

20150603_190155_zps2yl9oada.jpg

20150604_103613_zpsuphuv2m5.jpg

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    This article shows the HiLo SL in the down position. It doesn't appear that your's will drop 125mm. More like 100mm.

Did you buy the post from a dealer? If so take it back and get them to check it over or exchange it.
    Maybe a call/e-mail to X-Fusion is called for?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • mgolder81
    JBA wrote:
    This article shows the HiLo SL in the down position. It doesn't appear that your's will drop 125mm. More like 100mm.

Did you buy the post from a dealer? If so take it back and get them to check it over or exchange it.
    Maybe a call/e-mail to X-Fusion is called for?

Yeah mine goes down to the same level, so it definitely doesn't have 125mm of actual drop. I bought it from Wiggle, who are not exactly breaking their backs to reply to me. Infact I've had one reply asking for pics, so I sent them to them, and have had nothing since and probably nothing all weekend now too. Pretty disappointing. That and they listed it as black/gold as well which it definitely isn't.

I did contact X-Fusion and got quick replies from them. They said the length of the stanchion 'look right to me', which kinda makes no sense given the stopper means it can't actually drop 125mm. And then I got told that Wiggle weren't an authorised dealer 'if I had bought from an authorised dealer I wouldn't be having this problem', apparently.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Silly question maybe, but that is a HiLo SL and not a regular HiLo, isn't it?
    Your pictures don't show much of the seat post but it should have 'SL' on it just below the 'HILO' graphic.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • mgolder81
    JBA wrote:
    Silly question maybe, but that is a HiLo SL and not a regular HiLo, isn't it?
    Your pictures don't show much of the seat post but it should have 'SL' on it just below the 'HILO' graphic.

Ha, yeah it definitely said SL on it. Something wasn't right with it all. Have sent it back now, figure I'll just get a reverb instead. I just like the lever on the X-Fusion and the simplicity of cable.