Storck Fascenario 0.6

Grill
Grill Posts: 5,610
edited June 2015 in Your road bikes
Just a teaser image at the moment...
DSC_0166_zpsuy9yfrjk.jpg

Weighs in at 6.19kg with everything you see in the photo. When I go to Ti skewers and lighter tubes it will be sub 6kg which isn't bad for having alu clinchers. Also have a set of Fulcrum Racing Speed XLR 50mm tubs for the nicer jaunts.

Build List:
Frame: Storck Fascenario 0.6 55cm
Fork: THM/Storck Scapula F
Headset: Acros R1 Ceramic
Top Cap: Storck
Bottom Bracket: THM
Chainset: Storck Power Arms 172.5
Chainrings: Fibre-lyte 50/34 Carbon
Chainring Bolts: CarbonTi X-Fix Road
Chain Catcher: Carbonice Stummer Eugen
Chain: KMC X11-SL
Shifters: Shimano Dura Ace Di2 9070
Front Brake: THM/Storck integrated
Rear Brake: THM/Storck integrated
Front Derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace Di2 9070
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace Di2 9070
Saddle Clamp: Token Storck
Seatpost: Parts of Passion Carbon UD 31.6mm
Saddle: Specialized S-Works Toupe
Handlebar: 3T Ergonova LTD Stealth 42cm
Stem: 3T ARX Team Stealth 100mm
Pedals: Time Xpresso 10
Wheels: Fulcrum Racing Zero NITE
Skewers: Fulcrum
Tyres: Veloflex Corsa Clincher
Tubes: Conti Race
Handlebar Tape: Lizard Skins DSP 2.5mm
Bottle Cages: Storck Carbon Comp
GPS Mount: RaceWareDirect
Di2 Battery: Shimano Internal
Junction A: Shimano SM-EW90-A
Junction B: Shimano SM-JC41
Di2 Cables: Shimano EW-SD50
Brake Cables: Shimano
Di2 Battery Mount: Ritchey
English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg

Comments

• mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    Really nice. And so light. I much prefer under-stated to garish. I note it has an in-line seatpost with saddle forward on the rails but I think I remember you saying you like a position with knee well ahead of pedal spindle.
  • Grill
    Yeah, Storck recommend inline posts for their frames due to the geometry (hella long top tubes). Luckily I ride very forward anyway so compliments my position.
  • mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    I'd be interested to hear how you find the Veloflex Corsas. I used to run Veloflex Pave and Black with latex tubes and loved the grip and supple feel. But the sidewalls were prone to damage, they were not very puncture-proof and were a tight fit on my rims. I am currently running Schwalbe Ones, which are very good, but they are coming to the end of their life and am wondering about trying Corsas, maybe in a 25 as I suspect they come up narrow.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,327
    I really like that, not keen on a lot of modern bikes with fancy colours and shapes, but that does look good. Quite glad I won't have to adjust the brakes on it though.
  • maxlite
    maxlite Posts: 293
    Lovely looking bike, beefy looking stays and fork!
    Cervelo R5
    Cinelli Saetta
    Giant XTC
    Raleigh Classic
  • matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    Thats light - good work!
    How is the shifting with the fibre-lyte chainrings?
    I used to use fibre-lyte when racing RC cars and they always made great quality product.
    I'd be interested on an update re wear at a later date also

Matt
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Likin' the Storck.
  • Grill
    matt-h wrote:
    Thats light - good work!
    How is the shifting with the fibre-lyte chainrings?
    I used to use fibre-lyte when racing RC cars and they always made great quality product.
    I'd be interested on an update re wear at a later date also

Matt

It's just as seamless as with Praxis or DA rings. I also have their Osymetric shaped rings on my TT bike and never had an issue.
  • Wilmore
    Wilmore Posts: 122
    Mercia Man wrote:
    I'd be interested to hear how you find the Veloflex Corsas. I used to run Veloflex Pave and Black with latex tubes and loved the grip and supple feel. But the sidewalls were prone to damage, they were not very puncture-proof and were a tight fit on my rims. I am currently running Schwalbe Ones, which are very good, but they are coming to the end of their life and am wondering about trying Corsas, maybe in a 25 as I suspect they come up narrow.

I have Corsa 25s and have pretty much the same issues - feel great but very fragile (both cut right through in a few hundred miles) and quite a tight fit. Come up a bit smaller than my Schwalbe One and a lot smaller than Pro 4 SC. It's strange as my old Master 23s (basically the same as the Corsa) lasted ages and didn't cut up much at all.
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    have always wondered how effective the integrated brakes are, especially the ones on the rear

looks great, I just really don't like the cable entry for the front brake.
  • Nice bike !!
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    It needs a better pic but complimenti on the build.

I really respect what you've done and how you've built it up. Very WW circa 2006 - and that is high praise.

Would love to see you mod the rear der cages but I suppose they're already carbon?

I mention the nicer photo cuz to my eye the crankset looks a bit Sram Rival.

Please do a close up of the fork crown when you can.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Grill
    Yeah, I only have a crap phone at the moment so haven't had a chance to take any decent pics.
    The chainset does look a bit rubbish there, but I assure you it's pretty nice! ;)
    11238228_10155605158880541_165594282320550623_n_zpsohhjad7o.jpg
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    Just looked at the stack/reach figures for the Storck - the effective reach is the longest I have seen for a road bike with a comparable frame size. I assume this is not the ideal bike for someone who has longer legs and relatively shorter torso?
    How does the bike ride with respect to the other bikes you have owned? Tour magazine has really raved about this bike - so does it live up to expectation?
  • Grill
    One thing I learned from working in the Alps and riding/testing/selling hundreds of pairs of skis and snowboards is that there is no epiphany or revelation when it comes to top end kit. It's pretty much all nice, so it's more about if you like the colour rather than the je ne sais quoi.
    Is this bike stiff? Yup. Probably a hair stiffer than the Foil. Is it comfy? Sure, no less comfy than the other bikes I've ridden that have 23c tyres pumped up to 120psi. It handles very well and descends with more confidence than my Wyndy (massive difference in geo is the most likely culprit).
    I like it, but then again I've lusted after this bike for almost 3 years. Would others like it as much or more? Sure, especially if they had an emotional attachment to it. Is it the best bike I've ever had? No, that's still my Plasma 3 TT, but then again I'm most at home doing TT's.