Alberto Salazar denies

RideOnTime
RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
edited June 2015 in The cake stop
Top athletics coach Alberto Salazar faces doping claims;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-32877702

Like the Lance Armstrong story breaking... :shock: :cry::cry: :shock: :cry::cry: :shock: :cry::cry: :shock:

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,722
    I quite enjoy people's surprise.

Cycling is not the only dirty sport, it is the only one trying to come to terms with the problem.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,235
    IMO this withdrawal represents the beginning of the end for Mo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/33039347
    left the forum March 2023
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    hmmm, i do hope mf is squeaky clean, seems a nice guy and he's got a family to look after

it can't be a pleasant situation, but it is damaging to be associated with coaches/others who may be dodgy, according to the bbc report named people are on the record with specific allegations, it's hard to see why they'd do that

the subsequent denials trigger deja vu, heard the same many times before in other cases

mo'd be best served by ending all contact immediately, 'loyalty' will get him nowhere, looking salazar in the eye and asking if the allegations are true will get him nowhere, the longer he waits the more likely it is that he'll be assumed to be involved somehow
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,235
    sungod wrote:
    hmmm, i do hope mf is squeaky clean, seems a nice guy and he's got a family to look after

it can't be a pleasant situation, but it is damaging to be associated with coaches/others who may be dodgy, according to the bbc report named people are on the record with specific allegations, it's hard to see why they'd do that

the subsequent denials trigger deja vu, heard the same many times before in other cases

mo'd be best served by ending all contact immediately, 'loyalty' will get him nowhere, looking salazar in the eye and asking if the allegations are true will get him nowhere, the longer he waits the more likely it is that he'll be assumed to be involved somehow

If he has nothing to fear, he should dissociate himself from Salazar immediately... actually he would have never associated himself with Salazar in the first place, whose reputation was quite dubious already years ago and his career as an athlete "not straightforward".
    It always seems a bit strange to me when an athlete decides to take a coach on the other side of the planet and spend long weeks or months away from the family and everything... no good coaches in Britain?

I have my own personal theory about MF, but I won't disclose it, as these days even forums are no longer a place where you can say anything without being flagged
    left the forum March 2023
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    I don't see what he has achieved by pulling out of the Birmingham Grand Prix other than disappointing those fans who had bought tickets to see him perform. How long before Quorn pull the TV ads featuring him?
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    IMO this withdrawal represents the beginning of the end for Mo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/33039347

Hum, at the end of the article in the 'Also related to this story' list, why is this the first?? Wiggins 'racing against history' 06 Jun 2015 CYCLING
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    I'm really trying to keep an open mind on this one... Though to be honest in general, I don't think we should ever allow ourselves to be surprised when someone is revealed to be a doper. Especially when they dominate their respective discipline.
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,384
    DJ58 wrote:
    I don't see what he has achieved by pulling out of the Birmingham Grand Prix other than disappointing those fans who had bought tickets to see him perform. How long before Quorn pull the TV ads featuring him?

Protein, Training, EPO, Protein Training, Blood bag ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver