What frame to give my xtr components justice

Sharky999
Sharky999 Posts: 103
edited June 2015 in MTB buying advice
So my fs merida with full xtr was retired through injury, and replaced on my home insurance.

Now i have a full xtr triple groupset, 120mm straight steerer forks, 26" wheels, carbon bars, stem and seatpost that i was going to build up a hard tail with.

Looking for suggestions as to which frame i should look at, I've looked at the On one evo456, but not sure if id be doing the components justice with a 2.5kg frame.

Probably looking to not spend anymore than £250.

Cheers

M

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    On-one Whippet, if its not on offer at £250 it soon will be!

Chinese carbon frame (lighter than the not that light Whippet) will come in at about that delivered.

Look on ebay for a good frame, FS or HT, an Anthem for example would make a nice frame, or if you are prepared to wait, and see what comes up, then you could look out for any short travel racey FS or HT frame. I'm liking my Niota Al.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Sharky999
    Sharky999 Posts: 103
    Cheers, not in any mad rush.

Certainly like the look of the whippet, don't see any on their web page, do they only produce them now and again?
  • The Rookie
    Good question, they were there last time I looked, you can but phone and ask.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    The Rookie wrote:
    Chinese carbon frame (lighter than the not that light Whippet) will come in at about that delivered.

How good are these name-brand Chinese frames? By that I mean the ones who sell under their own names like Carbonal and Hongfu?
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • The Rookie
    They are good, I know three people with them, all very happy, one even had it custom sprayed before it was sent over and to be honest you'd think it was easily a £1k frame it was excellent.