Advise needed on what £2500 full sus Mountain bike to buy

Rzez
Rzez Posts: 2
edited June 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hi Guys,

I'm completely stuck. I had my 2010 Specialized Stumpjumper fsr 125 stollen a few weeks back, now my insurace company have given me credit at a shop to buy a bike. Unforunately I've not looked at bikes for years as I was really happy with mine for what I do. Generally a bit of everything apart from bike parks (I live in the country so generally do green laning, downhill etc.

The only place I can get a bike from is Wheelies (bikereplacement). Which really hinders my choice and no bargains can be had by shopping around.

I was looking at the 2016 stumpjumper fsr comp.
Pleae give me your thoughts. As i really don't know much about bikes any more. I know I want a full suspension bike. But I have no idea what is good and what isn't.

Thanks in advance.
Mike

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    If you liked the old Stumpy then you should like the new one. Also worth looking at the Camber Evo.
  • mali01
    mali01 Posts: 81
    2015 Stumpy FSR will soon be discounted. I picked up carbon fsr expert with a hefty £1600 saving because the 2016 bikes came on display.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    mali01 wrote:
    2015 Stumpy FSR will soon be discounted. I picked up carbon fsr expert with a hefty £1600 saving because the 2016 bikes came on display.

He can't get discounted stuff as he has to buy from Wheelies. RTFQ.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Wheelies have got the 2015 Stumpjumper FSR Evo on sale for £1,700.

The 2016 model Stumpy FSR is £2,200.

Personally I'd go for the 2015 Evo and, if the insurance allows it, spend the balance of the £2,500 on clothing, shoes and a bit of bling.

This is all assuming the insurance allows you to get a discounted bike and don't limit you to RRP.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • mali01
    mali01 Posts: 81
    mali01 wrote:

He can't get discounted stuff as he has to buy from Wheelies. RTFQ.

Hardman!!! :roll: