DA9000 Front Detauiler

stueys
stueys Posts: 1,332
edited June 2015 in Workshop
Having trouble getting the front derailleur trimmed properly, whatever I do I seem to get rub in the lower four gears when I'm in 34 up front. I've followed the shimano manual guide in how to adjust limit screws and tension, tried a bike shop who added some tension to the cable. But still can't nail this down.

Am I missing an obvious issue?

Comments

• mrdsgs
    mrdsgs Posts: 337
    by lower 4 gears do you mean the 4 biggest rear cogs or the 4 smallest rear cogs?

have you used the frame bracing screw on to the stick on metal plate?
    Colnago Addict!
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    4 smallest cogs. And yes, frame bracing screw is up against metal plate.
  • dgunthor
    dgunthor Posts: 644
    try rotating the front mech a little so the cage is angled more so the rubbing does not occur
  • mrdsgs
    mrdsgs Posts: 337
    even more cable tension and very slightly angle cage out a bit at the back. To work properly DA900 Fmech needs loads of cable tension and there should be trim on both front rings if you have got the cable tension right. Realistically on little front and smallest two rear cogs you are likely to get some cross chaining rub, not on the Fmech cage but on the inside of the large front ring.

Or...try simply raising the Fmech very slightly,when on little front ring trim position with cable at its slackest. This will have the effect of increasing cable tension.
    Colnago Addict!
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    Try my tutorial in this thread viewtopic.php?f=40004&t=12976309

Before you do anything i recommend applying LOTS of lubricant/oil/spray grease inside the shifter internals and plastic cable guide in the shifter. And also the bottom bracket guide. Even if the shfters are brand new. Do it periodically every month or so. They work alot better especially the trim function when freshly lubed.