Vuelta de espana - anyone been to watch?

Raerae
Raerae Posts: 3
edited June 2015 in Tour & expedition
Looking for advice on going To watch the Vuelta de Espana as I'm thinking of going to see the finish in Madrid. Has anyone been and if so, what's the best way to do it? Do you need tickets? Any info much appreciated!

Comments

• Barbes
    Barbes Posts: 72
    If you're thinking about going to Madrid for the finale it would be well worth taking a look at the preceding stages as well, e.g., http://www.lavuelta.com/15pr/es/recorri ... .html?e=20 has plenty of hills which offer the best viewing.

The stages in Andalucia also look good, particularly the one to Sierra de Cazorla which is a beautiful part of the country. To experience crazy fans the stages in the Basque area are probably best so look at stage 14.

You don't need tickets but bear in mind that you will need to get access to the route so definitely having your own bike is an advantage as you can get on roads that won't allow cars. Whatever you do study the route map which will show road closures and plan in advance and probably aim to get to your chosen spot a couple of hours ahead of the race.

Have a great trip.
  • Raerae
    Raerae Posts: 3
    Thank you! It's going to be a bit of a flying trip unfortunately so I think we're only just going to be able to soak up the atmosphere in Madrid. I can see tour operators offer access to finish area but not sure if this is a rip off or not?