Recommend a kickstand or propstand???

chicken_leg
chicken_leg Posts: 36
My wife is getting a new Whyte Caledonian, with the main goal of family cycling trips using our Burley trailer. The only issue is that the LBS don't seem to have a kick stand which will fit on it to keep the bike upright while hitching up the trailer and loading the passengers on board- none of the 'universal' ones will reach from the seat stay to the chain stay past the area where the brake cailiper attaches. Can anybody suggest an alternative, or a propstand to fit behind the bottom bracket?
Cheers
G

Comments

• andrewc3142
    andrewc3142 Posts: 906
    Can't help with the stand, but personally I'd be very cautious of using one for that at all. Sooner or later the bike will topple. There's usually a fence, wall, whatever, to lean the bike against, or the other person can hold it.

PS I hope she's fit. Trailers get quite hard work on the hills. I pull ours and my wife has the luggage on an Extra Wheel - also not light, but not nearly as heavy as the trailer.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Loads of decent two legged stands out there.

Eg http://www.ebay.com/itm/BV-Bicycle-Blac ... 2a520cb747
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown