Help with Assos T.equipe_s7 Bib Shorts Sizing

designman
designman Posts: 405
edited June 2015 in Road buying advice
Looking at buying myself the "Assos T.equipe_s7 Bib Shorts", but need help in the sizing if possible please, I am 5' 11", 32 inch waist, 37 inch chest, weigh 65kg.
Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.

Comments

• bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    designman wrote:
    Looking at buying myself the "Assos T.equipe_s7 Bib Shorts", but need help in the sizing if possible please, I am 5' 11", 32 inch waist, 37 inch chest, weigh 65kg.

I'm 5'8, 30/31 inch waist and 63kg.

I went for a Medium which fit perfectly; I reckon you'd be the same or maybe 1 size up.

Have to say though, I'm not blown away - lovely quality, but just feel a bit bulky and restrictive to me compared to my Castelli Free Aeros.....
  • Starsboy
    Starsboy Posts: 66
    designman wrote:
    I have 31 inch waist 70 kgs 39 chest and wear the large version if that helps
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I'm 5'8" about 79kg and normally wear a medium bib short with large size top. My Assos Cento shorts are a medium too and quite a snug fit but as above, the pad is quite bulky. Been on a couple of rides to try them out and while the pad is effective in preventing a numb bum, there's a seam that tends to rub in the crease of my leg/thigh. Not really what I would expect for a £200 pair of bib shorts. I applied bag balm on the second ride and its better but still...
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    i think my assos s7 equipe are sh**t hot!

5'8", 30" waist, medium spot on.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    6'1", 34" waist, 34" inside leg, 83kg. Large.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • MattFT
    MattFT Posts: 178
    6'0, 32" waist, 34" inside, 72kg I went with large.

The chaffing on the leg goes away after a ride or two. I think they just need to be worn in. Shouldn't need it, but once done they're great.
    FCN: 4

My Condor R.I.P.

Enigma Echo - everything outside the city
    Genesis Day One Disc - commuter
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    MattFT wrote:
    6'0, 32" waist, 34" inside, 72kg I went with large.

The chaffing on the leg goes away after a ride or two. I think they just need to be worn in. Shouldn't need it, but once done they're great.

Thanks - second ride was a big improvement on the first, and its their third ride Sunday for 10+ hours in the saddle. Will apply bag balm liberally and hope my crotch isn't cut to pieces!
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava